• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not reading audio after update (W10)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update my Premiere Pro will not read, display, nor playback audio from MP4 files. I receive the following error code -1609891836.

TLWestgate68_0-1719783236383.png

BRAW and MOV files are fine. After Effects also does not read/play audio from MP4s. But Audition will read the audio tracks. This is on my Windows 10 machine.

The same MP4 files, however, play and edit fine on my Macbook. What gives?

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Hi TLWestgate68,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro & After Effects that you are using. Could you please also share a download link for one of the sample mp4 media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue on my PC, I tried solving it a month (June 3rd) ago and posted on here for help with no luck. Surprisingly, the project I was trying to create works on my older, less powerful laptop with less RAM and no graphics card. it seems to be a new update as when I made my ticket, I dont believe there were any, but now I've seen a few. 

I think one person figured their issue out and posted it. maybe it'll help you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/source-clip-audio-won-t-import/idi-p/14659486

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TLWestgate68,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro & After Effects that you are using. Could you please also share a download link for one of the sample mp4 media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @TLWestgate68,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Have you tried what @jsgibson09 suggested? Check that out. Please also furnish the team with more information. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can help you with this shortly. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate