• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sort Icons" button menu in Icon View has been broken for years

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a more detailed rant about this with pictures in the Discussions forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/is-the-quot-sort-icons-quot-menu-in-icon-vie...

The gist of it is that sorting in Icon View using the "Sort Icons" button menu hasn't worked properly for as long as I can remember. For example, when trying to sort by "Name":

1. Load a mix of footage types with different colour labels, sorted by name like below:

list view.jpg

2. Switch to Icon View and by default they're probably organized at random in "User Order" or by "Label".

3. Click the "Sort Icons" button, select "List View Sort", but they sort in "Label" order instead of changing to match List View.

4. Open the menu again and choose "Name", it will instead select "Label" (screenshot taken after doing this step already):

label.jpg

5. In order to sort by name, you have to choose a category which is blank in List View, such as "Tape Name" in my case.

I just want this menu to work like it's supposed to. This bug has existed for over a decade, I remember first reporting it back in CS6.

Currently have Premiere on 2 workstations and a laptop, happens on all 3. Happens regardless of any 3rd party plug-ins installed. This workstation:

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB

Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2/‎9/‎2023
OS build 19045.4046
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?