Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StartPlaybackClock functions is not called

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

It is important that the startplaybackclock function is called so that we can synchronize the UI and output.

When testing with the previous Premiere Pro 22.x version, the startplaybackclock function of the transmitter plugin we developed was called, but the startplaybackclock function is not called in the current 23.x and 24.x versions.

What else do we need to set in the tmPluginInfo struct for startplaybackclcok to be called?

( For reference, outClockAvailable is set to true.)

Bug Needs More Info

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Hi Andy,

Can you send us your plugin and step-by-step instructions, which reliably result in startPlaybackClock being called in 22.x versions, but not in 23.x and greater? 

Update: I have it on good authority that PPro only calls the transmit plugin's StartPlaybackClock() if that plugin is the primary audio device clock.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Can you send us your plugin and step-by-step instructions, which reliably result in startPlaybackClock being called in 22.x versions, but not in 23.x and greater? 

Update: I have it on good authority that PPro only calls the transmit plugin's StartPlaybackClock() if that plugin is the primary audio device clock.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce

If StartPlaybackClock is only called from the primery audio device, how can the second transmitter plugin synchronize playback with the UI or SDI output?

Please tell me how I can sync.

thnaks.!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean by 'second transmitter plugin'; if a different clock is chosen, PPro will honor it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce

'second transmitter plugin' refers to a transmitter that supports audio transmission in addition to the default tansmitter, such as 'adobe srt transmitter'.

thanks.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, whichever transmit plugin is selected as the clock source will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate