• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Premiere now slow and freezing - August 2024

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to newest Premiere version yesterday afternoon and then started getting file inconsistency errors as well as some slowness and freezing.

I restarted, cleared cache, etc. Still got those file inconsistency errors and alerts. I was prompted to reset my workspaces, etc, which I did. Then I pasted my keyboard shortcuts back into it’s proper folder. Still slow but now the video just freezes up and audio continues to play. Deleted the media cache - didn’t help. Moved/changed the media cache location - didn’t help. I also tried opening a new premiere project entirely, and importing my sequence into that via Media Browser which did not work. Then I tried creating a new sequence and copy and pasting this sequence into that - nothing. I’m out of ideas.

Nov 2023 Macbook Pro 
OS Sonoma 14.5

Premiere Pro version 24.5.0 (Build 57)

Editing a 2-4 hr timeline with 4 different file types:
.MP4
.MXF
.braw
.MOV

No proxies (have not needed them the past few weeks doing the same thing for other episodes).

I’m just in the assembly stage of the edit so I do not have any effects or anything other than lumetri color with a LUT on an adjustment layer locked off in the timeline.

Luckily I’m pretty maticulious about versioning out my edits and was able to revert back to a version that only caused me to lose a couple hrs of work, but this is super inconvenient. I was actually surprised at how well everything had been running the past few weeks without using proxies, but then I updated and here we are.
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Interoperability or 3rd party tools , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Update: Everything has been running smoothly the past few hours since uninstalling Red Giant and Black Magic RAW and re-installing Black Magic RAW. Hopefully that was the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

[Fingers crossed]

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Steven34840148708x - Can you post a screenshot of your file inconsistency errors and alerts?  Do you have any plugins installed and what versions?  Are you using an external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  Unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot because I didn't take one when I was getting those errors/alerts. It was the yellow/red triangle icons that pop up in the bottom right corner. I just remember they said something along the lines of "detected file inconsistency." I have Red Giant Looks/Magic Bullet Suite but have not been using that in this project. Yes, I use an external monitor. The one I'm currenty on is one of those old mac ones (which I love), but the one that I was using when I updated and got all those alerts/errors was just an office monitor, nothing fancy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Blackmagic raw plugin do you have installed?  If you hold down "Shift" while opening premiere you can disable third party plug-ins, or if you aren't using redgiant just uninstall them to see if that helps.  "File Inconsistency" usually means you are running out of disk space somewhere, can you check your drives to make sure you have enough disk space.

Here is an article where the user changed the name of his file and that helped clear the issue.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/file-importer-detected-an-inconsistency-erro...

Do you have any different naming conventions.  Here is another article describing a fix in 23.1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/fixed-export-issue-for-h-264-and-hevc-with-p...

Let us know if any of the above works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potentially useful: PPro's Events panel (Window --> Events) will display any available information, from those yellow/red icons in the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your responses, I would reply directly to each but the ticket has been paused so I’ll do my best to answer everyone. My apologies for the late response, I have to have IT come in and manually uninstall/reinstall stuff which takes time. 

First off RAM / Storage - I have a ton of free space and have only been running Premiere and a couple work apps for communicating/emailing, etc. I don’t think this is the issue.

Holding shift while opening premiere - I turned off plugins and then all of my braw footage went offline and was unable to reconnect. I closed and reopened the project without holding shift/turning off plugins. Then braw footage was still offline and could not be relinked until I went into finder and dragged that footage into a new folder, and then back into its original location - I did not change any naming convention (which was also a suggestion - I am nervous that I will lose all work on that camera up to this point if I change its file name, and duplicating those files so that I can rename them something else would take at least 3 hours. The names are not anything out of the ordinary, "A006_01021546_C001.braw” so I don’t see why that would be an issue.

Another suggestion was to check naming conventions but like I said above, nothing was out of the ordinary. From that article:
The issue impacts H.264 and HEVC/H.265 exports to folders with names that use double-byte characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or extended ASCII characters, like accents and umlauts. Affected users will see this message: File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of %filename.mp4%. Reading and writing this file’s metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

One thing that caught my eye from the above section was the message:
File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of %filename.mp4%. Reading and writing this file’s metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

I can’t be 100% certain because I’m neurotic and deleted my events notifications when they kept popping up to get them out of my way, (Will not be doing that again and will just close that window instead. Ya live and ya learn.) but I think that is the same message or similar to the one I was getting when all the crashing and lagging started.

I just uninstalled all plugins (Red Giant and Blackmagic RAW) and then learned that you must use the Blackmagic RAW plugin to open braw footage in Premiere. (All of the braw footage went offline again.) So I re-installed, and got back all of that online footage. 

I’m letting my timeline chill out while it generates peak files for everything again and will report back if I run into more lagging and crashing. The only real change I made was uninstalling RedGiant, and uninstalling and then reinstalling Blackmagic RAW. Wondering, if it gets bad again, if I should revert back to the previous version of Premiere (which I’d really rather not do)? 

Thanks for all of your support, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Everything has been running smoothly the past few hours since uninstalling Red Giant and Black Magic RAW and re-installing Black Magic RAW. Hopefully that was the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Fingers crossed]

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate