• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace still fails to hold...

Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With each and every update of Premiere Pro, I maintain the hope that my Project panel will stay on my left monitor, but no...I have to drag it over and resize it every time I open a project. Certainly a relatively small hassle, but after years of it, I have grown quite weary of having to do it. During the short time that I ventured into the land of Resolve, I was so impressed with not having to do this every single time I opened a project. Alas, Resolve was so lacking in functionality that I missed from Premiere, that it was a relatively short venture.

And yes, I know how to 'Save Changes to this Workspace'.
And yes, I have tried to disable 'Import Workspace from Projects'. As a matter of fact, just in case I was thinking in reverse on this setting, I've tried it both ways for several years to no avail.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, but I've done that several times, and it seems to work temporarily. I've decided that it's easier to just accept it rather than have to rebuild my custom workspaces for a few days of joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they say, 'Hope springs eternal.'

So I tried to give that proposed solution another shot. I created a new Project, rebuilt my main Workspace with the Project Panel over in my left monitor, then saved the Workspace as a new one. I closed the project and opened an older project. The Project Panel was back in the right monitor. So, I tried the solution again, then created a new project, edited my Workspace, again with the Project Panel over in my left monitor, then saved the Workspace as New, saved and closed the project and created a brand new project. Same thing, the Project Panel is back on the right. So, this solution isn't even working temporarily for me any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sebrame,

I'll move this into the Bugs forum. It's time this worked for dual screen monitor setups more reliably. Upvoted. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update, and still no Workspace love for dual monitor users.

Votes

Translate

Translate