Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest—May 2021

Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Community Digest

AdobeStock_327116342.jpgHello there Premiere Pro Community! Here are your community highlights for May 2021. Wait. May? Already? April was really different this year too (with NAB getting pushed to the Fall, and all). That said, we had 15.1 come out with a couple of new features! Check it out if you have not already.

Let's take a look back at April and ahead to May 2021.

• Along with other digital video and audio applications was the release of Premiere Pro 15.1, which includes performance ehancements for H.264 and HEVC plus the following new features.
    • Premiere Pro Beta Announcements: new gradients to text and shapes in the Essential Graphics panel, which is super important to our Japan community of editors. Another text related feature are ways to convert Legacy Text to Essential Graphics text. Discuss more here.

For May, here are some dates you may want to be aware of.

• The week of May 24th, we are hosting another video Daily Creative Challenge. Info here.
  • May 26th is the online Adobe Video Community Meetup. This month, the topic is: Premiere Pro: ASSETS as UNIQUE as YOU. Link here for more info. Stay tuned to this space for even more events that could pop up, as well!

AdobeStock_78445119.jpgPremiere Pro Team Blog Posts: In April, there were some Premiere Pro Team blog posts you may have missed. Here are some links to the pertinent articles.

AdobeStock_204374929.jpgNew Features: Adobe Premiere Pro (15.1)

Full documentation on the new features here.

AdobeStock_254988960.jpgBeta Features: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

Upgrade Legacy Titles to Essential Graphics 

Background Improvements for Captions

Per-character Text Gradients

Metadata and Timecode Burn-in Effect

New way to control how label colors and clip names are displayed in the timeline

AdobeStock_194733357.jpgTop Troubleshooting threads

Not many new issues with 15.1, so I'll leave up the best links addressing the the open issues from 15.0.

Cool New How-to Content

Here are some great new "How To" technique threads, videos, and other stuff you may find interesting. If you have a cool tutorial or technique to share with the community, please drop Kevin a message.

Adobe Video Community | April 2021 Meet-up: Premiere Pro: For the LOVE of LUMETRI

By Adobe Video and Motion (view on YouTube)

How to balance voice over and background music with Auto Ducking in Premiere Pro

by Adobe Care

How to repair dialogue or voiceovers in Premiere Pro with the Essential Sound Panel
By Adobe Care

Channel Flipping Glitch Transition
By The Premiere Pro (Paul Murphy)

Make Your Videos Pop!
With Elise Swopes
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.02.46 PM.png

Photo - Linus MimietzPhoto - Linus MimietzFeatured ACP - Roger Averdahl

Roger Averdahl AKA "Averdahl," is May's featured ACP for the Premiere Pro community. I wanted to personally thank him for all the contributions he's made over the years. Since 2006, he's engaged in over 2300 posts, with tons of solutions and "Likes," Roger has done it all on the community here, but what more can we know about the man, the myth, the legend! I wrote to Roger and asked him to tell us a bit more about himself. 

"I live in Stockholm, Sweden so i live in ABBA and Volvo land. I started editing video 20 years ago and found out early that i like to solve problems and issues that arised during the edit. A couple of years later i worked seven years as reseller for professional video solutions, selling professional cameras and installing/configuring and test drive editing workstations and held courses in Adobe apps. Those years were a great learning experience when it comes to pinpoint issues in the chain, from camera to final export. I like to challenge myself with trying to help other people out and loves when a problem is solved. I love music and the power of music and played in a rockband many years and do still play the electric bass daily."

Pretty cool, Roger! Thanks for letting us know more about you. Thanks again for all your help, as well. The community really appreciates all you do!

That wraps up the Premiere Pro Community Digest for May 2021. Thanks for checking in and we'll see you next month.

Past Digests

Premiere Pro April 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro March 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro January-February 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro December 2020 Community Digest
Premiere Pro November 2020 Community Digest
Premiere Pro October 2020 Community Digest
Premiere Pro September 2020 Community Digest
Premiere Pro August 2020 Community Digest

Premiere Pro Community Digest — May 2021

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?