• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions hang on screen when talking or narration stops.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a probelm where the captions will hang on the screen even after the narration has stopped or talking heads have stopped. This is a 1 hour and 45 minutes show and its very annoying to have to continously be slicing the longer text away. I first tried this in Premiere Pro 2023 version and it was the same thing. Is there something im missing when transcribing the text? 

Premiere Pro 2024_Build 58.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra.

64 Gigs Ram.

OS Ventura 13.3

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

I found the solution. My ignorance. Check the screen shot to follow. Seems there is a delete pauses button. So you select this and it chooses all the puase moments like this and  hit delete and in my case "lift" appears (there was delete also) When i did this all the long holds were trimmed back to normal lenght. Just really starting to work with this amazing tool so excuse my ignorance. Solution to Subtitle Hangs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@seaneunson,

I don't see how the transcription could affect this. And it gets the transcription segment right - there's lots more after that (up to 50:47:28). I assume the captions after it fit into that time frame.

But why is there no pause indicated while no one is speaking? I see other pauses. So I see why you'd question the transcription.

In any event, you have no control over transcription times.

The controls you have, that should handle this, are in caption creation. But there's no way that a 2 and a half minute long caption could be fixed by those settings.

Is this a Source media or sequence Static transcript?

If you create a smaller sequence does it do the same thing?

Let us know.

@jstrawn @Kevin-Monahan Any thoughts?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. My ignorance. Check the screen shot to follow. Seems there is a delete pauses button. So you select this and it chooses all the puase moments like this and  hit delete and in my case "lift" appears (there was delete also) When i did this all the long holds were trimmed back to normal lenght. Just really starting to work with this amazing tool so excuse my ignorance. Solution to Subtitle Hangs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back.

Glad you got it sorted for now, but let us know if you see more of these issues.

There is a learning curve, but you shouldn't see 2 1/2 minute long captions no matter what you do!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also cannot think of any case where one 2+ minute long caption segment would be expected. If that happens again and you can record some steps @seaneunson for us, it's somethign we can look into.

Votes

Translate

Translate