Conforming A project with multiple Multichannel Feeds

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premier Pro 24.1.0

Mac OS Sonoma 14.5

Hi All,

I am having a rather tedious issue while trying to consolidate my project in Premier Pro 24.1. I have a project with 20+ Multichannel MXF files which are 16 channels each with seperate mono layers. Within my edit I have used these feeds on different layers for video and multiple different audio layers all at once. 

With this project I am required to consolidate it so I can store it for the future in case it is needed. However, I am encountering some issues with this. When consolidating instead of creating a new rendered clip with the frame handles I have suggested either 25-100, instead of doing so, PP copies the entirity of the original file which is around 80-90GB per file. This obviously created a consolidated project around 2-3+TB which is disreagrding the point in doing so in the first place. 

I have tried multiple different ways of fixing this such as just offlining all the media in the sequence which is of a substantial size (But then you are left without all the relevant media and renders the consolidated project more or less useless). As well as trying to render and replace the relevant clips to then remove the full size files. However, once again while doing this Premier Pro tries to copy the full clip as a 'rendered' version instead of just the media used in my sequence. 

If there is any kind of solution to this or any workaround, I would be highly grateful as this is something I have struggled with for some time.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Hello Matt Lumley @SailGP,

I read your bug report. The behavior of the Project Manager might be "as-designed" because of the codec you are using. It can't be consolidated if it is H.264 footage in the .mxf wrapper. I apologize for this unfortunate drawback of the Project Manager. It needs updating so editors can easily consolidate H.264 and HEVC footage. Right now, we can't. Sorry about that! See @Warren Heaton's suggestion. It can do the job.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge headache to do ... and you need the Top Help.

@Jarle Leirpoll @mattchristensen @Warren Heaton  ... help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not getting the preferred results from File > Project Manager, the next thing to try would be PlumePack by Autokroma.  There is a free version and a premium version.

PlumePack for Premiere Pro - Full Tutorial - The Best Project Manager for Premiere Pro

https://youtu.be/nP7U9Y0YsY8?si=OthlL7s1AeNPZp_x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this advice! I will definitely give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Matt Lumley @SailGP,

I read your bug report. The behavior of the Project Manager might be "as-designed" because of the codec you are using. It can't be consolidated if it is H.264 footage in the .mxf wrapper. I apologize for this unfortunate drawback of the Project Manager. It needs updating so editors can easily consolidate H.264 and HEVC footage. Right now, we can't. Sorry about that! See @Warren Heaton's suggestion. It can do the job.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate