• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Didital Rebellion's Preference Manager did not get it done this time. That was the first thing I tried when things were behaving badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know.  I'll reach out to DR and give them a heads up...    Where you just resetting your preferences or were you restoring a previously saved preferences?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was trashing them entirely with no attempt to restore. The issue seems to stem from user-created workspaces.

What did work for me was renaming the folder "23.0" located in Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro so that Premiere would regenerate that folder when opening the program. I then copied my custom workspaces from my original folder back to the newly generated folder structure and everything then worked fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.  Not sure everyone appreciates just how valuable your presence here is. 

gotta say I never do an update right away.  I always wait at least a week or 2 and monitor this forum to see if there are any serious issues...  This has always been my SOP starting back on Avid in the early 90's, and moving to FCP1-7 and then on to Premiere...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  It does nothing at all when I do file, export and just spins when I click the export tab.  I opened the project in the beta version and it works, so it's obiviously the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 23.3.0 Build 61 on  Monterey 12.6.5.  On a MacStudio M1 Ultra with 128gb of Ram.   I, too, have run into this bug that clicking on Export does nothing.   Can't export from the File menu.  Can't use a short-cut key combination. 

After I reset all the preferences, it started working okay for a day or so but its come back. 

The only workaround is to drag the project into Media Encoder, select the Sequence that I want and then I can export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted adobe and they took control of my computer and deleted my cache manually in a few spots inside library and deleted my preferences and now exporting is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 23.3.0 Build 61 on  Monterey 12.6.5.  On a MacStudio M1 Ultra with 128gb of Ram.   I, too, have run into this bug that clicking on Export does nothing.   Can't export from the File menu.  Can't use a short-cut key combination. 

After I reset all the preferences, it started working okay for a day or so but its come back. 

The only workaround is to drag the project into Media Encoder, select the Sequence that I want and then I can export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to the previous version.   You will be able to open a project you've worked on in 23.3 in an earlier version of 23...  If you need help installing the previous version, post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely not Adobe but apple of you are an apple user and you have iCloud that

could be the issue. Hope on customer support with Adobe. They helped me solve the issue when I screen shared with them but the problem came back the very next day! I recommend calling apple right after Adobe because the issue is on their end. I struggled with this for days but what is happening is the Adobe apps are automatically being uploaded and saved to the cloud somehow and you can't export from them!!! So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have this problem...yet, but for those who have...try next steps:

1. When you want to export, just set In and Out point on timeline and save or close project.
2. Open Media encoder.
3. Locate your premiere project and drag to opened Media encoder.
4. From list of sequences, choose the one you want and set export parameters.

I hope this will help, until Adobe fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi toy toy,

I read your post and can verify that this is happening to others. You can upvote the bug here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/export-problems/idi-p/13747267 I will also merge your post to the bug report. The bug report has some workaround steps I pinned to the top of the post. I hope that they help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall the previous version of premiere that was working.  Assuming you're working in 23.3.  You reinstall 23.2 and open any projects that you worked on in 23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is def an app issue 

the get the infinite spinning wheel on projects i havent opened in months

every project i open has this problem

also tried creating a new project and exporting and that didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan your solution still did not work for me

i even created a brand new porject and built a simple edit from scratch

export is still spinning out

also export to ME doesnt start up ME app

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't auto-send to media encoder, but you CAN save your entire project as a new sequence and then use media encoder to manually find the sequence name and import that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with reverting back to this year's point updates is these versions have their own critical errors. 23.0 and 23.1 were unusable on my systems. 23.2 had major bugs but was usuable - that may be the best bet, at least in my case.   

Does anyone know of a 3rd party tool that will allow you to open projects in prior-year versions, in this case 23.3 on 22.6.4? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at home where I have solutions bookmarked but just do some searching
here and Google but be aware there can be issues with these solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resorted to installing the earlier version and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yea trashing my 23.0 folder in Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro was the only thing that did anything for me on this. Of course this also seems to coincide with weirdness in the sync settings, as even though I ahve always had it set to Ask my preference, if I sync my settings it downloads and overwrites with the non-working settings. And this seems to haappen evn when I have it set to Always Upload Settings (is there another way to force an overwrite other than, just setting it to always upload?).

And even trashing the folder, and not returning anything but my keyboard shortcuts and the issue returns shortly, and I have to trash the 23 folder to get an export out, and the direct Send to Media Encoder doesn't work either, just does nothing.

This started happening to me with the release of 23.3.0 (Build 61). For a while if I reset all prefernces it would clear the issue, but then it got to where that didn't help.

I am on Intel iMac Pro running Ventura 13.3.1.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the end I found the difficult to navigate to folder on Mac: Documents > Adobe >Premiere Pro >23 and then a zillion oddly named Adobe folders and files in which I found Profile - My Username and then layouts. I deleted layouts - nothing no change still no export of restarting. Then I took to wholesale carnage of things inside the 23 folder and when I deleted all the render files i.e.. Adobe Premier Previews > folder name of the project you're working on (why not call previews 'render' files - Adobe have no idea how difficult it is to navigate all this junk with obtuse naming protocols - actually no protocols at all just random -  - or that we ever want to be bothered with what's under the hood - I'm only interested in editing for deadlines to get stuff to clients). ANYWAY deleting the render files did the trick. Only another three hours wasted = three months of free CC please Adobe - that's the real cost of all this nonsense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

salut @Hiddenpictures Ltd ,

Je viens de tester la supression des folders de previews dans Adobe >23 >etc... Ça semble marcher pour le moment..... Comment est-ce possible de nous faire perdre autant de temps pour ça???

En esperant que ça continue de fonctionner avant la prochaine MAJ, je suis d'accord avec toi, quel est le prix de cette absurditée???? Personne chez Adobe ne teste les MAJ??? Vous nous avez fait perdre beaucoup de temps, d'argent et peut-on parler de la confiance de nos clients??

Comment est-il possible que des utilisateurs cherchent et trouvent des solutions à votre place, alors que vous devez être payé à prix d'or pour juste ne rien faire???????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes works, sometimes not..@adobe this is a joke really!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These 'solutions' don't work. The only thing that DOES work is dropping back to 23.2

AGAIN, Adobe has hung its paying customers out to dry. I'm trying to deliver content to my clients and this happens?

Stop treating us as Beta testers and just get it fixed. Totally unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desde a última atualização não consigo exportar os arquivos para o adobe media enconder o que vem gerando problemas nos meus trabalhos.

Gostaria que fosse resolvido o mais breve possível.

Votes

Translate

Translate