• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere Pro is Crashing/Freezing up my cpu EVERY time I try to use Essential Sound  "Enhance"

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is Crashing/Freezing up my cpu EVERY time I try to use Essential Sound  "Enhance".   It crashes/freezes under multiple instances. 

This is after the lates mac OS update and adobe update

If I do the following.

• After I do the standard of choosing "Dialouge" in Audio type..
  • Enhance Struggles to "Enhance Speech" and crashes or freezes my entire computer
  • use "Enhance Speech" on multiple clips it crashes the cpu/Freezes.
  • shorten or lengthen the clip AFTER "Enhance Speech" actually works it crashes the cpu/freezes up.
  • use the mouse in ANY way while "Enhance Speech" is processing it crashes the cpu/freezes up.
  • Move a clip it crashes the cpu/freezes.

I have spent hours on the phone with adobe, they have tried every single thing under sun like.

• Changing pp Prefrence files
  • using and earlier version of pp
  • uninstall
  • reinstall
  • new user account on mac
  • I'm sure there are many other things they did I have not described

I tried

• Transcoding to different codecs (no luck)
  • uninstall
  • reinstall

The only success I have had is by cutting the clips into smaller pieces.  and even then with too many clips being processed it Crashes/freezes the cpu.
I hope ADOBE can work this out because it is a great feature that should work on our subscriptions.

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 9.28.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-25 at 9.28.48 AM.png
Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this bug, we're aware of this issue and are trying to resolve it. Thanks for your patience as we investigate work on a fix!

David

Product Manager, Audio, Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Hi @Janice5CFE I'm sorry this is happening. We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
48 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tim24345206l40f,

Thanks for the info you provided. I think the team might need more from you, however. See this post: How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I click "enhance speech" in the essential sound tab my computer crashes completely, turns off, turns back on attempts to try again.  I have tried this 5 or 6 times and the exact same thing happens each time.  

I am using a 

Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 Mac

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I am running Sonoma Version 14.5 (23F79)

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Janice5CFE I'm sorry this is happening. We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues using enhance audio on my 2020 Mac Pro with the intel chip.  When using Enchance audio my computer locks up circle of death on desk top. I have to power the computer off and on to. contiue working.  Does anyone know if Adobe is working on a fix for this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Since this is the first post I've seen like this, it's likely not to be on the radar. You'll need to provide some more details, what you were doing, can you easily reproduce the error, what media to you have, how was it acquired, etc. Plus info about your mac. I thought this was going to be a PC thread, so the title leaves something to be desired. How about your OS, what version are you using. Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more detailed information before we can move this discussion to the Bugs section.

Help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the samew issue. My Mac locks up immediately whenever I try to use Enhance audio. Pin Wheel of death, followed by freezing. I have to shut down my Mac too. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following to see when this FINALLY gets fixed. it's been months of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Looking forward to the bug fix. I tried updating to Premiere 24.4.1, but no difference.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.43.41 PM (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Premiere 24.5 is out and I tested Enhance and the bug has not been fixed for Macs with the Intel Chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elie101, please tell us your system specs and your source and sequence settings...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just for the record, the project I applied the Enhancement to is 7 'chapters'. I successfully enhanced 3 before the crashing occiurred. However I cannot awork on any of the other chapters (sequences) since they are all in the same project. I'm dead in the water until the fix comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PGGilligan, Please tell us your source properties and your sequence settings.    Are you using any sources from a smartphone or from a screen recording?  Variable frame rate sources can be problematic.  And Heavily compressed sources might also be the cause of the problem.  And making sure all your audio sampling rate and bit depth match your sequence settings.  With the appropriate info, we may be able to point you to a workaround to get you over the hump...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PGGilligan : You can try opening a new project, then importing a sequence from the old to the new. (FILE/Import)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 3.17.13 PM (2).pngScreenshot 2024-06-19 at 3.15.59 PM.pngthere's my sequence settings and source properties. However, I am including clips of Zoom recording, which are already problematic at 25fps. Maybe that's the hang up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PGGilligan, use mediainfo to confirm that your sources are constant frame rate, in particular the zoom recording

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

I see your other sources are mpeg.  It may be a good idea to convert to an all i-frame formate like prores...  Are you on a mac or windows.     

Shutter Encoder is a great tool for these sorts of conversions

https://www.shutterencoder.com/

Happy to go in to greater deatail as to what all this means.  Although Premiere usually can deal with ALMOST anything you throw at it, sometimes it will choke.  Feel free to post back with any questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam problem, when working on audio premiere freezes and crushes! Keep doing this . Mine is a Mac boon pro 2019 ( intel) 

ADOBE PLEASE DO SOMETHING 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whelp. This problem is not resolved. Computer crashed 10 times today and I let my 48 hour film project group down. This was my screen 20 mins before the deadline. 

IMG_9554.jpeg

multiple issues trying to work with any clip auto marked as dialogue. I tried to avoid the audio features entirely knowing that this might be a problem-- unfortunately. it didn't help. I have never had to hard reset a Mac this many times.

My computer: 

iMac, 27-in 2020 

3.6 GHz 10 core Intel i9

AMD RADEON pro 5700 XT 16 GB

64GB 2667 MHZ DDR4

Sonoma 14.5

my media:

Type: MXF File Size: 612.06 MB Image Size: 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate: 23.976 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 8 Channels Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 8 Channels Total Duration: 00:00:50:16 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Color Space: Rec. 709 Color Space Override: Off Input LUT: None MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal) File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00) AVCI 100 Bitstream Format: Sony

Sequence settings match. color space is Rec 709 sample rate is 4800 Hz

Premiere 24.5.0

which is a real shame because I thought I had downgraded to 24.1 to hopefully save myself from this problem. i'm so sad that every project I've worked on since April has been acting this way. Premiere has been useless to me. Pretty much unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I just spent hours working on a project and now my computer hard freezes every time I reopen the project because I had tried to use the audio enhance feature. I'm also on a late model Intel iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to mess around with the enhance speech feature and it causes the program to hang, then ultimately forces the whole computer to restart. It is a pretty long voice clip, something like 24 minutes so that may be the issue. But, just figured I'd put this out there for the devs to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

derekc87147135, what is your source format?  I really strongly (can't emphasize enuf) that if it's a compressed format that you convert to an uncompressed format before trying this...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check when I get home. But it's just an audio from a webcam and built in mic on the iMac. Super simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

derekc87147135,  unfortunately it's not simple.  Webcams usually record heavily compressed and probably a nonstandard sampling rate and bit depth.  Use adobe media encoder to convert the audio to 48k 16 bit aiff (which I think is a standard preset) and I bet your problem will disappear...  bwdik...  Please let us know if that works.  If you need help figuring out the specs on the source file, post back... Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate