• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why premiere pro is lagging so much

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey ! i'm having an issue with premier pro and after effects that the pop-up is coming saying that intel HD4600 is unsupported. which effects my workflow now. Even though i have worked on the same software before reinstalling windows due to HHD issue

my PC specs are : 

Processer : i3 4th genertaion
Ram : 16 GB
HDD : 500 GB
SSD : 256 GB
Graphic card : RTX 1660 Super

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , Interoperability or 3rd party tools , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but all 4th-Gen Intel CPUs are now completely obsolete. Intel had discontinued all support for your older CPU (outside of archived old driver releases) back in June of 2021 – and the last few driver releases for that series of CPUs were merely security fixes to a driver that dated way back in 2017!

And since Intel will not fix the driver any more, Adobe is put in an extremely tough situation. It, like most other tech companies, chose to follow the path of improving performance and compatibility with newer hardware at the expense of breaking things on older and obsolete hardware. Therefore, your PC will get permanently locked to software-only everything (no GPU acceleration whatsoever), which will massively slow down your system's video editing performance.

And combined with that 4th-Gen i3 having only two physical CPU cores, that will make for an extremely frustrating editing experience with all video editing software (not just Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add to this that you will not have Quick Sync decoding capability at all because your CPU is too old. As a result, you will only have NVDEC for hardware decoding and CUDA for rendering. However, the CUDA renderer relies heavily on your CPU being in a relative performance balance with the GPU. Unfortunately, CUDA will not help you much (if at all) since your CPU is much too weak for that 1660 SUPER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i made a mistake i thought my processor is i3 but mine one is i5-4690

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, the 4690. My reply, except for maybe the "frustrating" part, still stands in your case. The only way to circumvent that warning is to completely disable the Intel GPU in your system's BIOS. The 4th-Gen Intel GPU cannot be used anymore in any newer version of Premiere Pro. The 2018 version of Premiere Pro was the last version of Premiere Pro that supported the 4th-Gen CPUs' integrated graphics. Unfortunately, you cannot get it anymore via the Creative Cloud Desktop frontend. Plus, its release predated Nvidia's release of the Turing architecture that the GTX 1660 SUPER is based on.

As a result, you're permanently stuck with NVDEC, which does not perform as well as Intel's Quick Sync hardware decoder, for hardware long-GOP decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate