• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Transcribe is freezing everything

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working off a 10Gbps NAS. I am on Windows 10 using Premiere Pro 24.5. Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 64GB RAM

When Auto-Transcribe is ticked on, and I open a project created prior to 24.5, the auto-transcribe absolutely EATS my RAM my CPU and my networking. It is so bad that internet starts moving slowly because of the throughput it is requiring on my network while it is running.

CPU usage is pinged at 95%.

RAM usage is pinged at 80%

Network usage is at 560 Mbps.

This is an INSANE amount of utilization for a background process. I have had to tick the feature off entirely in order to be able to utilize what is frankly a pretty beefy machine because it is crippling it.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for filing this bug report. I see an Adobe Expert, @Stan Jones has tried to assist you but that didn't solve your issue.

Are you still experiencing the problem? Please let the team know. Any details you can offer might be helpful. See, How do I write a bug report?

I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/auto-transcribe-stuck-on-sfx-kills-entire-project/i...

Anything there apply to your situation?

@nbechere 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. Unfortunately. I am also running into the issue where the editors in my office did not know to turn this off and our premiere project file sizes are BALLOONING. going from 2.9MB to 12MB over 25 minutes. They're taking forever to load now. This is a messy bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for filing this bug report. I see an Adobe Expert, @Stan Jones has tried to assist you but that didn't solve your issue.

Are you still experiencing the problem? Please let the team know. Any details you can offer might be helpful. See, How do I write a bug report?

I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
13 hours ago 13 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RESLV-Kyle,

I noted your response and did not know what direction to take.

Are you working in the Productions process or regular projects?

@nbechere's response to the other thread included "I am surprised about ... :
... b) You say that transcription is eating all your resources - normally transcription only works on a subset of your systems resources so I am surprised it has such an impact on your system."

The transcriptions are saved in the project files; many large files could add significantly. This is one of those situations where the feature request for a way to delete transcriptions is most meaningful. Upvote this feature request:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/provide-a-way-to-delete-a-transcription/idi-p/1361...

I did not test it, but the "Ignore transcript" option would not help; the transcript is still there.

I played with 2 options:

• Select all of a transcription, merge it, then edit the text and delete all of it. This did reduce the size of the project file. But it did not remove all of the transcription data. And it is a clip by clip manual process.
  • Export the project as xml and reimport. This did remove all transcriptions (and caption tracks). This was a method from @Drew282889109oru in that feature request. I, of course, would worry about other effects of such a process.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate