• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL Eyedropper Selects Wrong Color

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having some issues using HSL Secondary and I'm unsure if it's a bug, a user issue, or maybe some of both. I am attempting to grade some cLog2 footage, which I am not too familiar with, and I am trying to adjust the hue of my skin tones using HSL. The issue is that whenever I use the eye dropper to select a pixel of skin, it seems to just pick pure Red, regardless of the skin tone.  I've attached an image below, where I had clicked on a patch of skin on the hand, toggled on 'Color/Gray', and you can see the result. It doesn't seem to matter the general color either-- when using the eye dropper on the blue sky in my footage the HSL parameters still center themselves around Red on the spectrum.

I am running version 23.5.0

iMac Pro 2017

3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hsl example.png

Here's what the HSL sliders look like. It wasn't entirely accurate to say that they go to "pure Red", as I do see the sliders moving around a bit as my eyedropper moves. Still though, it just seems to grab a very narrow band of color that doesn't include the color of the original pixel I click on. In this example I had eye-dropped the side of his palm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try holding down the Control key while picking the color, that selects a larger area.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate