• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Alt+ Scroll zoom behaves different on v24.4.0

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest version 24.4.0 and the Alt+ scroll zoom behaves different. It zooms to a totally different timeline area than the usual mouse pointer/playhead. Any workarounds?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Sorry for the wait, but we believe this issue should now be addressed in 24.6 beta build 020. Alt + mouse wheel scroll should zoom based on cursor location. Appreciate all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Hello @johnalmightyx,

I appreciate your message. I know this issue. The team is working on a fix to come out in beta soon. So, leave your feedback for the team in the Beta forum.

Please try zooming in with the mouse after selecting the Timeline as a workaround. Is that working for you? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
78 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheAlphaJayShow,

Be sure you are testing the right issue. The correct behavior is for Alt+Scroll to zoom around the mouse cursor location.

I did not test Build 20, but Ann did; and I confirmed the fix at Build 23.

@Jason Nolan Wedding Films,

Yes, sometimes, a Beta fix does not make it into a release. I'm sure the engineers do all they can to get as many fixes into a release as they can. But when this happens, it is disappointing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing the correct behavior ALT-Scroll to zoom around the mouse cursor location.

I currently have Version 24.6.0 BETA (Build 38), and using the mouse wheel to scroll while holding alt to zoom out of the timeline will still zoom back into the timeline, producing the same bug that has persisted for many months now.

I can send a video if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I am seeing. I place a sequence marker where I will place the cursor so it makes it easier to see where it is zooming. Release 24.5.0 shows the bug; Beta 24.6.0.37 does not. (I'm still testing some things on Build 37 and have not installed 38 yet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate