Renders stll disappearing

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacStudio M1 32Gb

PP 23.4.0

macOS 12.6.6

Rendered my entire timeline, then sat back and watched clips slowly and steadily change from green to yellow.   This has been happening for years.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional detail on this: primarily (though not exclusively), this is the case anywhere there are captions.   If it has a caption, the renders are absolutely guaranteed to disappear completely within an hour or two.   Other sections of a timeline may retain their renders for longer.   As far as I can tell, the renders are not disappearing from the filesystem - I think they still exist there, based on the fact that I don't think I see the number of files in the Video Preview folder decreasing.   It seems that Premiere simply 'loses track' of them.   A side effect of this is that the drive fills up unnecessarily as one re-renders, as the original renders still seem to exist, meaning that the only 'efficient' way to deal with the disappearing renders is to delete all renders and re-render.

Votes

Translate

Translate