Some media files always offline

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 24.1

CPU: Intel Core i5-1035G1

RAM: 8GB

I recently finished editing a 4 hour long documentary, and for the past 3 days, i´ve tried rendering the whole thing, but i´m coming across a problem i don´t know how to fix. When opening the project, some random files are offline, when locating them i get a media mismatch error. I´ve tried creating a new project and copy-pasting the timeline, didn´t work. I renamed the folder the source clips were located in and changed the location of the source clips, when re-linking the media, most of the clips are correctly linked, but some random clips i can´t link due to the media mismatch error. I´ve repeated these steps many times, and it´s different un-linkable files every time. Re-naming the faulty files did work, they could be linked again, but after having linked all media in the sequence, saving, closing and re-opening the project, some files appear offline again. 

I also tried restarting my laptop, deleting media cache files, reinstalling Premiere and reinstalling Creative Cloud, none of these actions had an effect on the issue.

The media is exclusively 5.3k GoPro-footage, about 480GB in total. I´m storing those files on an external HDD. After i couldn´t render the full 4-hour long video, i tried splitting the project into two parts, but the same problems still occurred with the smaller projects.

I don´t know what else i could do to fix the issue. I´d really appreciate any help here.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?