• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text graphics issue

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to explain this but when I try to change a text graphic to something else, only certain keys work and my tools change when double clicking to select all of the text and soon as I press a key boom, chaos.. control z my way back.. creating new text is not an issue, changing text is. I transcribe a LOT and I have never had this happen, in 20 years! I did all of the usual, deleted cache, retarted prmiere, restarted computer, MAC with latest update. I can't understand where I am going wrong! I have tried to do it on a new sequence, exported to quick time and brought back in on a new sequence, selected all of the video timelines etc.. the only thing I have not done is uninstall and reinstall premiere. I keep thinking I hit a shortcut key somewhere and turned on some crazy thing. It just keeps jumping to different tools everytime I press a key to change the exisiting text. This is the most frustrating thing !

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Visual Stimulant VS,

What version are you on? A bug that might look like this was fixed, I think in 24.3.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for responding Stan

I am on the latest update 2.43 and the latest MAC update 14.4.1 (23E224)

I made a video showing what is going on.. I changed my mouse this morning, keyboard is a new MAC keyboard fully charged. I have a stack of hard drives, no matter the hard drive I work from it still persists. Many restarts, uninstall resinstall of Premiere.. I am my wits end.

Video showing the issue - https://youtu.be/yvwRRHduSuI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!! I reset the settings - Premiere Pro>Settings>General and at the bottom left there is a reset button. Premiere retarts and is like brand new! Phew!! I actually suggest this, I edit a LOT and over time a lot of wacky keys are pressed sending my workspace into a torando and sometimes keys are pressed that cause unintentional changes to the UI or keys. Not only that clearing the cache is something I do weekly and can cause a LOT of issues if not done. It's not a bug, it's a user error 🙂 Adobe you can delete if you like. Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back and letting us know what worked.

You can also get that Reset dialogue by holding any modifier key (e.g. Shift) when opening the program. Here is more detailed info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/reset-preferences.html

I watched about half of the video. That sure looks like the bug that was fixed.

Painful that transcription is not working as it should for you. I think you should be sure that you cannot get this working. If you want to explore more:

• create a new test project,
  • add one clip,
  • in the Project Panel, right-click and pick Transcribe
  • Transcribe

What happens?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate