• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Duplicate frame markers only showing on one clip in 24.1

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new bug with 24.1: Duplicate frames markers in the timeline is only showing on one of the two clips with duplicate frames (rather than both). It seems to be showing only the new clip, not the original.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hi @Editor1961, @Rafael Moses@Westy HJ@BPGII, and @kinoks,

Please check out Premiere Pro Beta 24.4. This issue should be fixed.

Note: Legacy issues relating to multiple imported instances of the same clip and audio only clips, still remain.

Let the community know if the issue is resolved in Premiere Pro Beta. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Hello Community,
I updated the status of the bug report to Investigating since a few people are seeing instances of the bug that was already supposed to be fixed.

I hope the team can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the continued frustration.

Thanks.
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still seeing this bug regularly in 24.3.0.

Here is an example using an UHD ProRes HQ master of a piece of Getty stock footage:

MacStudio M2 Max, macOS 13.6.6, Premiere 24.3.0. Working out of a Premiere Production and using network storage (EditShare).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.4 Beta does not fix the dupe detection issue. See attached photos.

Single clip in timeline

single clip.png

Alt Click and drag to dupe clip in timeline

Click Drag.png

Delete Original clip and dupe line still active on the alt click drag clip.

Delete og clip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add this to show im using Beta 24.4

Screenshot 2024-05-07 082118.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already posted this in the other thread related to this bug, but I too am still seeing this in 24.3.0.

Here is an example using an UHD ProRes HQ master of a piece of Getty stock footage:

MacStudio M2 Max, macOS 13.6.6, Premiere 24.3.0. Working out of a Premiere Production and using network storage (EditShare).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the input. I can report this to the documentation team.

However, it is common for bugs to be fixed in a new version, and only with fresh media. So, a fix might not remedy sequences in a new version that contain bugs from a previous version.

Sometimes copying/pasting clips into a new sequence can work, other times you may have to reconstruct the sequence

This is the case with all NLEs I've used and worked on over the years.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @EHill,

Is this a new sequence or a sequence from an updated project? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan the test I shared was in a brand new sequence, but both the production and the project I was working out of were created in 24.2.1.

Making a new project within the existing production exhibits the same behavior, even with new media imported into the new project.

However, making a new production AND a new project, dupe detection behaves as expected. I so hope this is the fix! Dupe detection is such a neccessary feature in our workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian5ECC  Do you happen to have more than one instance/copy of the clip in your Project panel? If so, this is still an open issue that has not been resolved yet. We also have open issues with audio tracks not always properly updating and Copy/Paste then Undo not properly updating.

Thank you for the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan@Editor1961 ,  I'm seeing this bug in 24.3.0 : Duplicate frames markers in the timeline is only showing on one of the two clips.

IT CAN BE RESOLVED if you close the timeline panel and open it again. But the idea is not to have to do this, right????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carolina Aular,

Not all users are experiencing this in 24.3. Can you provide more information?

For example, @EHill  indicated that "making a new production AND a new project, dupe detection behaves as expected." Are you using Productions? Have you tried this with a new project (and new production if using that)?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/p-duplicate-frame-markers-only-showing-on-one-clip-...

And from @Trent Happel, "Do you happen to have more than one instance/copy of the clip in your Project panel?"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/p-duplicate-frame-markers-only-showing-on-one-clip-...

Thanks.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this has been fixed yet - I've noticed this affects clips that have been unlinked or decoupled from the audio tracks.

Works fine when the clips are in their "original" form of video and audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NJAsaladfingers I tried a quick check with unlinked clips and I'm not running into the issue. Are you able to you reproduce this with 24.6 beta? If so, were there specific steps and could you provide a Project that reproduces with unlinked clips?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm this isn't working 100% correctly in 24.4.1. Been working on a project for the past 2 weeks and seeing dupe detection fail occasionally. Our Premiere production and projects were all created in 24.4.1. My workstations is running macOS 13.6.6 and my assistant editor's is 12.5.1. We're both running Premiere 24.4.1. We've been moving quickly and haven't recognized any patterns or situations that causes it to fail. I will try and pay more attention when I see it and report back with our findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,
I updated the status of the bug report to Investigating since a few people are seeing instances of the bug that was already supposed to be fixed.

I hope the team can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the continued frustration.

Thanks.
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EHill That is good information, thank you. It just so happens that minimum track height has recently been identified as another case where duplicate frame markers fail to appear. A fix is going in and should hopefully be in tomorrow's 24.6 beta build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EHill, 

Thanks for your patience. The fix for Duplicate Frame Markers not showing on tracks with minimum height is now available in Pr v24.6 Beta. Hope you find it useful.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate