• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Properties' option missing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click a clip in the timeline the 'properties' option is missing. I tried it in the clips in the project panel, it's not there too. I attached screenshots of it. Maybe my eyes  are deceiving me. If you see it in the screenshots please tell me and apoligies for this post. Thank you.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

@HLJR We've renamed the menu item "Properties" to now be "Media File Properties". You can see it in your screenshot of the Project panel context menu. I'm not sure why it's not there in the timeline, I'll ask around. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Thanks for filing the bug and providing the info, @HLJR!

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also my premiere version is 24.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HLJR We've renamed the menu item "Properties" to now be "Media File Properties". You can see it in your screenshot of the Project panel context menu. I'm not sure why it's not there in the timeline, I'll ask around. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for filing the bug and providing the info, @HLJR!

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HLJR,

I just installed 24.5, and could finally take a look at this.

This is a 2-step change: step one (in 24.5), is a change of "Properties" for media/sequence to "Media File Properties" and its removal from the timeline context menu. See this post in the Beta forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/the-properties-of-the-video-on-the-time...

In a post in that thread, I speculated on a workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/the-properties-of-the-video-on-the-time...

Step 2, still only in the Beta and not in 24.5, is a new Properties panel. This panel will have a variety of uses, including becoming the panel for Essential Graphics (which will no longer appear under that name).

But the properties there are project/sequence properties, and not Media File Properties.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @mattchristensen and @Kevin-Monahan for looking at this - for speed working through an edit its really important to be able to flash up a clip's properties using right click. At the moment the workaround is to open it in source monitor in order to see Media File Properties which although seems simple enough is extra steps and additional learning for our team of permanent and freelance editors. 

unnamed (1).pngunnamed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Odobe,

This post pulls together several comments in one place.

In the Beta thread I linked, @Mike-Berry said "This removal was intentional. The track item context menu is way too long, and the use of the Media File Properties is low. Having it in both menus was judged redundant, and making that menu short enough to display on a standard laptop is a goal."

I.e., this is not a bug.

In another post, @lslater said the keyboard shortcut had been returned for a selection in the timeline (in the Beta version so far):

I confirmed this in Beta 24.6.0.55: Ctrl+Shft+H (the default assignment for "Get Media File Properties for -> Selection) works from the timeline, and, as expected, from the Project Panel and Source Monitor. In the meantime, a workaround in 24.5.0 is assigning Ctrl+J as the keyboard shortcut for Reveal in Project. You can select the clip in the timeline, then Ctrl+J and Ctrl+Shft+H.

And in the new Properties panel (as I said, currently only in Beta), I'd like to see a "Media File Properties" button at the bottom with its new "Adjust Speed..." button.

BTW, here's the Beta introduction of the new Properties panel and a bunch of discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-properties-panel-for-premie...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones Interesting idea to put a "Media File Properties" button in the Properties footer. Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the information.

I understand the need to remove some of the right click options - althought this might not have been one I'd have chosen to remove as a professional user. I look forward to seeing the keyboard shortcut return soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best option here is to give us the option to customize the right click panel in both the sequence and project panel. I desperately need the 'Properties' or 'Media File Properties' options ready in the sequence. This is a no brainer for professional use especially when we're mixing footage from different cameras and shooting in different FPS. It doesn't make sense to reveal in project then right click to check the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... It doesn't make sense to reveal in project then right click to check the properties.

That's a workaround while they are bringing back the shortcut for the timeline selection. My suggestion is not to go to the project panel and right-click, but to use two keyboard shortcuts: one to go to the project panel and the second to open the Media File Properties directly.

And I think that when they bring the shortcut back in the timeline, it will not be in the right-click menu. It will be directly accessed via keyboard shortcut, or, I assume, the long form File -> Get Media file Properties For -> Selection (which is currently greyed out for a timeline selection).

If the timeline item is already selected as part of your workflow, the keyboard command is faster (than right-click + click). If it is not, then you must click (or do something to select) and then keyboard command.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This makes no sense! WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THIS!?!?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate