• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waveform disappearing in the Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio Waveform is constantly disappearing and reappearing from the Timeline with this latest update v13.1.4 build 2. When I scroll left to right or zoom into the timeline, the waveform disappears and reappears without logic. As a result I am unable to visually edit to the audio piece and have to scrub through it to hear the audio instead.

Please fix!
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Hello @oneframeoff & others on the thread,

Thanks for the bug report. Is it possible to provide more details so that the team can reproduce this error reliably? See, How do I write a bug report?

With more info, I hope the team can provide a solution for you ASAP. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the update (22.4.0) and the problem is still there. After a certain time, the clips on the timeline flicker, the waveforms are gone and the image of the tools (the cursor) disappears. When I move a clip, it doesn't follow my movement so I cannot precisely adjust where I move it.

I quit and restart Premiere and it's okay for a while but the problem keep coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. For the clips that didnt show audio waves i right clicked and selected "edit clip in adobe audition". That seemed to work. see screenshot below. It changes the color of the clip but the waves are showing at all zoom levels

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Works for about an hour, then waveforms disappear. Restart Premiere, works for about 30 minutes. Restart…And on, and on. I don’t know how I’m going to finish my job. Upgraded to 2022. What a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with me, even in the source monitor with VO's.
I generate the waveform, then it randomly disappears and I have to regenerate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening with me now! I just moved from windows to mac and now I have this strange problem, do let me know if anyone got answers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  It is driving me crazy.  Problem seems to be worse when I am using multicam sequences.

Premiere 23.3.0 (Build 61)

MBP M2 Max 2023

MacOS Ventura 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mindblowing they still haven't fixed this, tend to have it pop up a LOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This STILL hasn't been fixed... Im switching to Davinci Resolve for timeline editing, this makes this software useless, need to scrub thru HOURS of footage instead of just looking for visual cues in my audio tracks to edit properly, it kills my workflow and makes editing worse by a million.

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select ALL of the clips.

Change colour

Done!

(sometimes it works if you only select one clip, but i find it always seems to work if i choose all of them

Hope this helps!

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @oneframeoff & others on the thread,

Thanks for the bug report. Is it possible to provide more details so that the team can reproduce this error reliably? See, How do I write a bug report?

With more info, I hope the team can provide a solution for you ASAP. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate