Highlighted

How to cancel your Adobe plan

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cancel your Adobe subscription/plan anytime via your Adobe account page. 

To make this process easier and more informative, we have embedded a simple video in our Cancel plan help article. 

Here is the link for our Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

The below video is helpful if you purchased directly from Adobe. If you purchased it elsewhere, contact that provider. 

If you still cannot cancel your Adobe plan, feel free to post on our community or contact support here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Thanks 

Kanika

You can cancel your Adobe subscription/plan anytime via your Adobe account page. 

To make this process easier and more informative, we have embedded a simple video in our Cancel plan help article. 

Here is the link for our Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

The below video is helpful if you purchased directly from Adobe. If you purchased it elsewhere, contact that provider. 

If you still cannot cancel your Adobe plan, feel free to post on our community or contact support here: 

Thanks 

Kanika

Topics

Account management, Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

How to cancel your Adobe plan

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link for our Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Thanks 

Kanika

Here is the link for our Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Thanks 

Kanika

Topics

Account management, Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to cancel my free trial, but it's stuck on "You'll be able to manage this plan shortly". What can I do ?

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trials simply run out. There is nothing to cancel unless you already have commited to a commercial plan by using one of the buying options.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That‘s how it used to work.

Since 4 March 2019, Adobe has required selection of a plan and credit card details upfront prior to starting a trial. Also, trials now automatically convert to subscriptions unless the user cancels.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyrhe,

Thanks for reaching out. The free trial lasts only for 7days. Once the trial is over, you will get an option that says Buy Now. You will not be charged otherwise. Let us know if you have any other query.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not correct. It changed on 4 March 2019. Payment details are required upfront and trials automatically convert to subscriptions unless cancelled by the user.

Translate

Translate

Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten several questions about how to cancel trial period from users in LatinAmerica.

Until last February, subscriptions there were handled by Digital River, nor Adobe directly.

Thus whenever they opened their Adobe ID there was no Cancel button*.

I would like to know if such a Cancel button now exist for subscriptions, AND for the Trial Period.

* As no cancel button was available in ther Adobe ID they had to try to contact Adobe and fight against a under deployed service, as reported.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federico

If the subscription was processed via an Adobe Direct Store, the customer will have the option to self-cancel:

How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership

If the subscription was processed via a Digital River supported Store, customers need to contact support to cancel.

Thanks

Bev

Translate

Translate

Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Beverly.

I have read that since last February all those countries* are now served directly by Adobe.

And payment (Credit Card information) is being requested since last March for free trials everywhere.

Thus, can you please confirm if a Cancel button (should) appear on their Adobe IDs?

Thanks in advance

(*) México, Colombia, Chile, Perú, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Costa Rica,...

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federico

The Cancel button should appear for new orders placed after 19th April for customers in the following countries - Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Peru, Guatemala, Ecuador & Venezuela.

Existing customer subscriptions will continue to be managed via Digital River.

There will be scenarios for Adobe Direct customers where the cancel button does not appear eg payment issues.  Customers would then need to contact support for assistance.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind reply Bev,

Please, let’s review two scenarios:

1. So, if today a potential user  from Chile starts a free trial time, and before 14 days decides to not subscribe and being charged for a subscription. Will he have a Cancel button in his Adobe ID to directly cancel? Or not?

2. And another new user from Argentina, who subscribes today to a monthly Creative Cloud subscription, and after a couple of months decide to stop it, will have a Cancel button into his/her Adobe ID?

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federico

1. Trial period is 7 days. If customer does not want to continue and be charged, can cancel online within 7 days from their Adobe account using the Cancel plan option. 

2. Cancel plan option will show - unless the renewal is currently processing or there is a problem with the payment.

Thanks

Bev

Translate

Translate

Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cancel button should appear with the plan booked.

So you need to go to:

https://account.adobe.com/plans (or use the menus to go to your account, then plans).

You need to click the « manage plan » button on the plan you want to cancel (you may have more than one plan) and there you will be able to cancel.

So the cancel button does not appear on the account but with the plan to be cancelled.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for confirming Bev.

i have to set it out in the Spanish Forum, because until April 10th, there was not such an option for users from LatinAmerica.

Tanks too to Abambo, for having to precisely point into a selected Plan, for the Cancel Button to appear.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beverley,

My free trial time finished last Saturday July 27th, and I had the charge of the suscription on my debit card on Sunday. Now, I am trying to cancel it, but the cancel button in "my plans" is not appearing. can you please help me?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Federico,

espero que hables español, sabes porque no me aparece la opción de cancelar en mi perfil, apenas se me hizo el cargo el domingo y no he podido realizar la cancelación.  solo me da la opción de actualizar mi plan.

aún estoy dentro de mis 14 dias para cancelar y me otorguen reembolso completo. me pudieras apoyar? mil gracias!

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify:

If you get the message "You'll be able to manage this plan shortly" you should check again in a couple of hours to allow order processing to complete. You should then be able to cancel the plan.

Mylenium & Shivangi - When you sign up for a trial, you may be asked to provide payment details which allows your subscription to start after the trial period. You can cancel without charge during the trial period, or up to 14 days after the charge has processed if you decide you do not wish to continue with the plan - a full refund is provided.

Thanks

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to enter my future payment option to start the free trial today. I wanted to see if the biggest issue I had with Premiere was resolved, and it was not. Went to cancel my plan but the option wasn't there so I had to speak to live chat who tells me; "We regret for the inconvenience caused, I wish I could have helped you since our tools are updating we won’t be able to assist you. Kindly contact us on Sunday after 10 AM. "
It is currently Saturday evening (GMT) and just hours after installing this, Adobe's plan management tools are down for the next 18 hours. What a load of...

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

Kanika

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ineed to cancel my freetrial and not sure how to.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Letsgotogether,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

please be informed that trial version is free membership for 30 days and after 30 days it will expires automatic ally and it cannot be canceled.

Thank you contacting Adobe (Case # 0212343866).

Regards,

Rajshree

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You may cancel your plan at any time by accessing your Account information on the subscription manager or by calling your regional Adobe customer service center." This is the wording on the email I received after I signed up for the free trial. Today is the last day of my free trial and I am requesting cancellation. I just called the Customer Service number but it is not open on the weekends. I contacted Chat and after making my request, I was transferred to "Shrine" in Customer Service and told not to click on the X in the Chat box. After waiting several minutes I scrolled over something in the box and a pop-up said the connection was not responding.  I then clicked on the X and have been attempting to contact Chat again. I will attempt to contact CS through Chat again, but I want it on record that I am attempting to cancel my subscription.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the deal with adobe charging a 50% cancellation fee? Chatting with the customer reps has been so infuriating I don't think I'll ever sign up again. Does anyone have any insight on getting this fee waived?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For information on cancellation please check: Cancel your Creative Cloud membership

Translate

Translate

Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did agree to those terms when you signed up. Why are you thinking they should make an exception?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know those terms when I signed up. I would be okay paying the cancellation fee if there was some merit behind them.

Translate

Translate

Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't know, it's because you didn't take the time to read through the user agreement before clicking I Agree.

I know it's in there, because I looked it over it to find the pertinent points (like cancellation terms) before signing up last year.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The annual plan (paid all at once, or split into monthly payments) is offered at a discounted price because you make a commit for an entire year. Because you get a cheaper price than the monthly plan, there is a penalty for cancelling early. (It works similarly to many cell phone plans where you can have no commit and a higher monthly rate or a longer commit and a lower rate)

The monthly plan costs a little more, but can be cancelled any month. Subscriptions renew monthly/annually depending on the plan until they are cancelled.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that the free trial for Adobe Pro DC will NOT roll into an automatic pay as many or most trials do... if not canceled within the trial period.

Trial members credit card numbers ARE on file.

One assumes that a reputable company like Adobe would make cancelation or membership severance transparent.  I am feeling like I'm in a rabbit hole with no clear access to cancellation options or membership termination.

LC

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks they make it super difficult to cancel . Very annoying .

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can now cancel your subscription from your Adobe account page.

Follow the self cancellation workflow: Cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud membership

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me unfortunately.

On November 2015, I spoke with a representative Tushar S whom I told that I wanted to cancel my photography plan subscription. He then informed me that I was obligated to pay for a year, which I was fine with. However, he did not tell me that I had to end the subscription myself or that I may be at risk of auto renewal or that there is a 14-day “grace period” before having to pay a $44.95 cancellation fee. Subsequently, there wasn’t an email or notification that my year agreement/subscription was ending on July, 3, 2016. Secondly, there wasn’t an email or notification that my subscription was being auto renewed. Today September 5, 2016 I spoke with an agent after noting that my account has been charged for two months (August/September) and she tells me the only thing she can do is give me a 25% discount on the $44.95 cancellation fee. This is all very asinine to me and all I ask is that the two months I unknowingly paid for is refunded and that I pay the discounted cancellation fee. I am highly disappointed and upset. The “terms and conditions” should be reviewed by Adobe and it should be required that customers sign another agreement or be notified before auto renewal.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chan,

I am investigating on this, the CC is active & has not been charged any penalty yet.

I have also send you a personal message.

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar experience to most of the people here. I used to think that Adobe was a terrific Silicon Valley company that made great products, and now my personal feeling is that Adobe is ethically operating at a level close to e-mail scam ring.

My story begins a few months back when I signed up for Creative Cloud stock images for a $49.99 month to month membership. A few months later, I got a phone call from someone explaining that I could have gotten a better value if I had signed up for a team membership, and that she could easily lower my rate and switch me over the phone. I naturally agreed, and got off the phone. I noticed on my next several credit card statements that I was being charged both for the $49.99/month membership in addition to the $29.99/month membership.

I reached out to customer support via the chat tool, and got nowhere. I then called the customer support number, and after waiting over an hour on the phone, was told that I had agreed to a 12 month subscription, and that I would need to pay a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the annual cost of the membership. I explained to him that I was never made aware of the 12 month term, and he said he would try to get a supervisor. After waiting a further 10 minutes, he told me the response from the supervisor was that I was up s#!t creek. $29 per month is not a lot of money, but I like to treat everybody else fairly, and hate it when somebody does something unfair to me. I feel like I am being scammed. I can't seem to get in touch with anybody at Adobe who has the power to do anything, let alone offer an explanation. American Express has helped me put a merchant block on my card while I resolve this dispute. I am hoping that will get somebody's attention at Adobe. I am concerned because I read on ConsumerAffairs.com that Adobe will try to put negative marks on my credit report. So maybe I should just pay the $180 cancellation charge as blood money to Adobe?

I am besides myself. I just don't want to do business with Adobe anymore. I don't want their product, and would use any other company at this point. I never want to see an Adobe product ever again.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my school has provided me with this CC all along!

and i have been charged this, can you backdate the payments for refund? I wasnt advised that i had 14 days to cancel neither!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your school has some sort of master licensing agreement and I wouldn't think you would be required to pay anything for Creative Cloud if a license has been provided by your school.

An update with my dilemma:

I happily got an e-mail from Adobe support this morning agreeing to cancel my plan without charging me the fee. They must have somebody monitoring this forum or social media. I am glad they finally did the right thing. Oy vey!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is frustrating is in the account options for Creative Cloud, there is no where to stop the yearly automatic billing. There should be an option to stop the billing each year so you don't automatically restart the contract without choosing to (yearly auto-billing is fine, but I should have the ability to opt-out).

I've paid for two years, I would like to stop my contract which restarted 5 days ago. If there is a 14-day grace period, that should reflect in the account manager so I am not billed for cancellation and don't have to go through the process of contacting customer service. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to not have control of how my credit card is billed each year.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had the unfortunate pleasure to deal with the Adobe Stock rip customers off scheme. I am at least for now a yearly creative cloud subscriber and I pay a year in advance for the best price. I use shutter stock and pay for the odd image when I need it. In October I got married and decided to create my own stationary and needed to use some existing images for a template and font. I was in a rush and just saw the free offer of 30 days. Paid by paypal and only noticed in early December that they had taken  £23 a month for November and December subs. I thought oh well my fault for not cancelling I will go online and cancel it as soon as I can. I thought I would download the images I had already paid for even though I didn't really need any.

This is the killer, I had in fact signed up for a yearly, paid monthly sub. Shutter stock charges me for a set number of images over a year and if I want more I have to pay more. Why would I pay a subscription for continuous images that I don't want except for the odd occasion! Well done Adobe I have already cancelled my paypal sub with you, I will never spend another penny on Adobe products including Creative Cloud. Are you really that desperate for a few pennies more that you will entice and rip off your loyal customers. I will also make sure I tell as many people as I possible can how accommodating Adobe is to its customers. A £107 charge for absolutely nothing and a genuine mistake shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 20 minutes with customer service, they refused to cancel my 5 day contract without charge.  I paid $57.80 for 5 days in after happily paying for two years. There is no option to opt-out of automatic billing until the last month of the contract.  This is a terrible policy.  Basically, if you forget to cancel, Adobe wants to charge you for 50% of the use, rather than giving the opportunity to make a choice yearly. I will no longer spend money on Adobe products until I have the option to opt-out of automatic contract continuation.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you work for Adobe in their policy department. Or you have so many hours of free time to read ever single agreement you have ever clicked yes to. It's not in the spirit of good customer service to hold people, or penalise people for making a genuine mistake.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand, I barely used my service, and I am sure I had a student monthly subscription $20 a month and not a yearly. I cancelled before with no penalties. This time I got charged $63 dollars, it was very vague at the time at the time of cancellation  and didnt explain why I was charged. Suddenly it appeared the next day after I cancelled.I emailed a adobe customer support and I told him I did not know of this charge.  I wish I known this sooner or else I would have kept it longer, or cancelled it accordingly. I feel like I've been ripped off. I've never had this kind of customer service before, and it really sucks because I loved their products but, not if I get charged almost 100 dollars to cancel. I just wish I knew this beforehand.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

as many people here, I signed for 10 free photos then a free month trial

now I don't have option to cancel via my plans tab and I already got one invoice for 39eur

I think that's terrible that you don't ask if anyone want to continue after trial, instead you just make people pay for something thay can forget they even have

I used like 4-5 stock photos during trial, and that's only because i didn't have time to shoot my own

what can we do about this?

obviously i want to cancel the subscribtion ASAP

best regards

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As per the offer terms, you can cancel during the first month without penalty if you do not wish to continue with the subscription.

The renewal payment was not authorized so your plan has been cancelled.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've also had terrible service with ADOBE, I used to use Adobe ALL the time, and suddenly they started having contract memberships, I used adobe stock, BARELY downloaded any images, and when I called in to cancel no body told me I would be charged a cancelation fee, or I would have just kept the product. I'm a really broke student, and just don't have the kind of money to pay for a cancelation fee on a product I barely used. I was charged over 150 canadian dollars. Please help me.

I'm so frusterated, I've called and I've done the online chatting, and no one is willing to help. They just say well, that's it. That's the policy - I get it, but I've been a loyal customer for so many years, and used to use the products all the time monthly, and wihout notice, it all began to be yearly contracts. That's ridiculous. Also, when I did cancel both Adobe stock, and Photoshop (which by the way stopped working when I upgraded, it said the product is not available but I still being charged for two months!!), no where in the e-mail did it say I was going to be charged.

I will never recommend Adobe to anyone anymore, nor will I use any of their products. Sorry adobe, but you've lost a loyal customer, and clearly this is an issue many people are having. Or at least offer better customer service afterwards, instead no one is even willing to look into it.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if there is a button called upgrade plan does that mean the free trail is canceled?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Acrobat Adobe throws in an early cancellation fee of $19.95. This is a new exploitation that was added, written very fine ink, when we initiate the trial. I would hate to see the kind of karma the greedy Acrobat decision makers have coming. 

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! ... Am an occasional user, quite like the product, so took what appeared to be a good deal to try out all of the Adobe products on a monthly payment plan. Had it for 3 months and only used premiere pro 3 times (For training more than anything), so clearly wasn't getting use out of it... just gone to cancel the subscription and been hit with a £136.53 cancellation fee! I can't think of another company that has such poor service... It's really put me off the product! Absolutely abysmal ethics!

Anyone from Adobe want to get in touch with me to try and rectify this?!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'd I'm having trouble canceling my annual subscription.

When I click the "Cancel" button on the plans page, it just tells me to go the contacts page which then tells me to go back to my plans page where I find the same "Cancel" button. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this true?

I can't remove a Payment Method on my Adobe Account yet, unless I pay a failed transaction yet, or fix it? Or cancel it after I pay?

This is bullcrap

Translate

Translate