• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I recover my serial number / registration key for CS6

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this as a physical copy in 2012. A few days ago the computer it was installed on gave up the ghost. I managed to coax it back to life long enough to de-register (or whatever the correct term is) the software in preparation of installing it on the replacement. Now I can't find the original disc with the key on it. As I de-registered it, it no longer shows on my account or in the program. Any way to recover the key?

Cheers

Tammo Schwarz

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luremeister Take a look at the info on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html. There are some third-party tools (search for Software Key Finders) that may help you find the number on your old computer.

However, I don't believe you are going to have any success if you don't have the original disk. You wouldn't be able to install the software by copying it over to a new computer anyway. But if you don't have the key and didn't register the product with Adobe, then you'll need to start over.

You don't say what apps you had with your CS6, but you can look at the Creative Cloud subscription offerings here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html or you can buy Photoshop Elements here: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html. Hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hain, Thanks for the reply. But as I said in my post, the software WAS registered with adobe ... until I de-registered it on the defective PC to install it on the new PC. I believe that with the registration key I would still be able to download the software from adobe, even without the physical disc. I still have the email trail from the original order, so in theory adobe should be able to trace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you will need to contact Adobe directly. This is primarily a user-to-user forum, and we don't have any access to your account information. Please use chat to contact Adobe directly, or you can find their phone number on this list based on your location.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen (type AGENT to get a live person)

Phone: Monday–Friday, in the US, 24 hours per day. All support phone numbers are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registration and activation are not the same.

Registration is a one time action which adds the software to your Adobe account.

Activation is enabling the use of the software on a specific computer.                                      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you previously registered the software, you can go to https://account.adobe.com , then click on plans and payment, then products. All your registered serial numbers are there. I can vouch for this as I can still see a LiveMotion 1.0 serial registered.  Once you have that you can try going here to download old unsupported versions as Adobe only keeps the two most recent versions in CC for download: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, Thanks for the reply. But as I said in my post, the software WAS registered with adobe ... until I de-registered it on the defective PC to install it on the new PC. I know about the option to download, but without the serial number it is not much use. I do still have the email trail from the original order, so in theory adobe should be able to trace the purchase / serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't "deregister" your software, you deactivated it. The registration wouldn't change. You'll need to contact Adobe customer support directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite will never run on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. Nor will it be tested on Win 11. Only the latest Creative Cloud products are compatible with new systems.

NOTE 3: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.
=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. Thanks for the reply.

1) I am pretty certain I could download the last iteration of the installer from adobe. It just wouldn't be much use without the serial number.

2) The serial number was on the physical disc, which I can't find. I could have also copied it from the existing installation on the defective PC or my adobe account ... if I hadn't de-registered it in preparation for installing it on the replacement - as described in my post.

3) CS6 has been working just fine on my 64 bit system for years.

I do still have the email trail from the original order, so in theory adobe should be able to trace the purchase / serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, CS6 is unsupported and discontinued.  Adobe won't help you with a 10 year old product. 

Besides, the old installers were removed from Adobe's website.  You didn't write down your serial numbers or keep your installation disks in a safe place.  So at this point, you need new software. 

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Creative Cloud Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Creative Cloud Express ($10/month):

• Creative Cloud Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the entire collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps bundle (51 + desktop/mobile apps & services)

or a la carte Single Apps.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want setting my old everything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Minhaz ahmed 

You've hijacked another user's question.  Please start a new topic and give more details about what you need exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Serial key for CS6 is registered under your adobe account, please visit the link - https://account.adobe.com/products to view all the serial numbers registered to your account.

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ani. Thanks for the reply. Like I said in my post, I de-activated it on the PC with the problem in order to be able to install and activate it on the replacement. It was then that I realized I couldn't find the physical disc (which also has the serial number / activation key on it). So now I can't recover the serial number from the previous installation and it is also not on my account anymore. I do still have the email conversation from the original purchase, if that allows adobe to recover the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a backup of your computer before the crash that you can restore to try and get the serial number since the product is unregistered?  Also if you have the original receipt you may be able to try and get the serial number but an email conversation isn't proof of purchase.  Do you recall where you purchased the software from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben. Thanks for the reply. It has well and tuly given up the ghost now. I bought it from the adobe education store (daughter was still in education then). So the email conversation was the order confirmation from adobe, their request for proof of being in education, their acceptance of that proof and their confirmation of dispatch. That should probably count as proof of purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still qualify for educational use software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not currently, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm seeing you purchased full cs6 full version, so previous version serial number is not required for installation or activation of cs6 on replacement computer.

Could you try installing and activating the software with the CS6 key from your account and provide a screenshot, if you run into any issues.

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ani. Thanks for your reply. I can't seem to see the key on my account. I assumed it was removed when I de-activated it. Should it still be somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben M. wrote:

If you previously registered the software, you can go to https://account.adobe.com , then click on plans and payment, then products. All your registered serial numbers are there.

Is the serial number not there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Several previous versions and Elements, which lives on the laptop. I imagine that would be because I de-activated. I think that would sever the link to the account, wouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luremeister wrote:

Nope. Several previous versions and Elements, which lives on the laptop. I imagine that would be because I de-activated. I think that would sever the link to the account, wouldn't it?

No registration and activation are 2 different things.  De-activating just allows you to install on additional machines because the Adobe license typically allows up to 2 installs.  Registration just keeps a record of your purchases and serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben. That's very odd then. Between my daughter's and my own account I can see the Previous instances of Photoshop CS4 and CS5, which haven't been in use for quite some time. But the CS6 Master Suite (?, collection of PS, LR and some other bits) is nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines