• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Activate CS5.5 Offline!

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legitimate copy of CS5.5. Recently an MS update BSOD'd my SP4 (3rd time in two years - Grrr). I've reinstalled my CS5.5 (Acrobat and Dreamweaver only), but cannot activate online. I believe this is because my ISP now uses CG-NAT, so in effect I am double NATed and as a result CS5.5 thinks that I'm not connected to the internet - I AM, I'm posting this.

I was directed to an offline activation page, but CS5.5 does not generate activation request codes (it was designed in the days of telephone activation). CS5.5 only provides me with information that was meant to be given to adobe to validate the product. So how can I perform an offline activation for CS5.5?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 160 Replies 160
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS2 Adobe offered a version for download without formalities. This has been misunderstood by the people as a public domain version. It never was.

For CS3 Adobe offered a special version on request, when you could prove to have acquired legally a liciense. But this too go abused. It's no more available and I doubt that Adobe will make other versions like this available. And any update may render your license unusable. 

With CC this is no more a problem as you are anyhow limited to the time of your subscription. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't they just contact each user, with a unique download link tied to their license key, and then that will be the end of it. Otherwise what is stopping them just turning off the activation server now, and not providing any way for people to install their software, which is the situation some CS3 cusomters are in? Or do they say, well you have had 10 years from your software, now you can start paying for a subscription. Even though we purchased a license that doesn't have any expiry date. When I purhcased mine, I expected to upgrade every 3 or so years, but they stopped offering paid licences, and I don't want to rent software, which also works out as significantly more. Also I don't think there is anything in the new versions I need to use, cs5.5 is pretty full featured. I think I still have an old macromedia version that should still work, as I don't think that needed any activation to work. But I wouldn't want to be going back to that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how it works these days and don't waste your time,you will never get it activated. It's designed to get you frustrated and buy a new CC version. Like Procreate, you need a new Mac to run it. They presume we are all pros and willing to pay. Same thing, CEOs will do what it takes to max the profit for max year end bonuses. Apple is made in China, Adobe is made in India (look at the names of all programmers). Fortunately, there are few other alternative out there that work far more superior and few steps less for the same result for much less money. It's time to bring the jobs back home for local graduates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess no one got it solved. I just wanted to do a clean install of my windows 10 but the adobe cs5.5 suite does not want to get deactivated. it is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

So I think I was able to deactivate the license. Earlier I tried deactivating it through Ilusatator (I guess 32 bit version). Now I just tried again using the Photoshop 64 bit version and it worked in seconds. I don't understand why it worked but I'm very glad it did 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS5.5 on the same computer for 10 years, then 2 days ago I get a error message that I have exceeded my 2 activations - but I did NOT do anything to activate it anywhere! Adobe refuses to help me, and just tries to sell me a subscription I can not afford. My entire Adobe Creative Suite shut down. ANY HELP OUT THERE??! I still have the original cd I purchased, but do not think re-installatioon will work if they think I have exceeded my 2 (which I have not) and if they won't support CS5.5 anymore. So funny when you phone support they ask if you have a subscription or "perpetual" then when you say perpetual, they say sorry - good bye. What is so "perpetual" about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to deactivate from the other computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. when I try to launch any of the CS5.5 programs, all I get now is an error screen about the activation limit, I can not get into the program to deactivate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that, but you're out of luck with cs5.5.  you can subscribe to those two apps and use the current (and past, including cs5.5) acrobat and dreamweaver, https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely disgraceful. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Sounds like they have taken the activation/deactivation servers down (again) and the program has no way of verifying itself. As an IT person who manages many systems and servers in several clouds, I would say the cost is close to zero for Adobe to incorporate the old activation codes into their newer verification servers. They just want you to buy new stuff. It's not fair. But you'll probably find people who'll argue that it is. Sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the activation servers are still up.  the problem is the deactivation and that may be related to a server issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines