Highlighted

Why is Adobe suddenly asking for keychain passwords?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Adobe Creative Cloud.]

Why is Adobe suddenly asking for login keychain passwords?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe isn't asking for it.

Your operating system is asking for it:

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is Adobe suddenly asking for keychain passwords?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Adobe Creative Cloud.]

Why is Adobe suddenly asking for login keychain passwords?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Peru Bob's answer can apply in some situations, it does not apply in all. Bob links to an account about the general problem of macs getting out of sync on keychains. However, there is another case specific to Adobe (and reflected in many comments here) that are not addressed by Bob's answer. This question is not resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Matthew.com comment about the issue not being resolved.  This is still a problem for me and my users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why it just happening to Adobe not the other aplications?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why does it seem to render Safari inoperable whilst the dialog window is open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through this...  the pop-ups asking for various Keychain passwords seem to be appearing totally randomly...sometimes they would occur when I start an Adobe app, other times I could be in the middle of writing an email when it would appear.  They pop up when a Keychain needed by Adobe is locked.  Sometimes it wants the Login Keychain password, other times the Local Items Keychain password.  The solution is to unlock these Keychains using Keychain Access.  The question I still have now is what is causing my Keychains to lock in mid-session?  And more importantly, why do I need to worry about what status my Keychains are in when I want to use an Adobe product?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your operating system is asking for it on behalf of adobe_licensing_helper. The biggest hurdle here is that it does not accept the password. I know the password is correct because it can unlock the keychain inside of Keychain Access.

Interesting aside, according to Keychain Access, the Local Items keychain cannot be locked. Very frustrating. Worse yet, attempting to cancel just bring the dialog instantly back up, alternating between Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 and adobe_licensing_helper.

I don't know who keeps going around marking this issue as solved, but it is not, and needs to be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 3
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me when I placed a ScanDisk drive in to download files.  When I left it in it kept asking me.  I took it out and it stopped asking me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0