• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read in one of the many entries here that IBE will be available to us in the future, but not with BC, Is that right, preran?

If not, then the problems will be bigger for us, as well as our displeasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/patrick+from+hamburg  wrote

I read in one of the many entries here that IBE will be available to us in the future, but not with BC, Is that right, preran?

If not, then the problems will be bigger for us, as well as our displeasure.

It will be available as long as browsers support it if not on BC. So as long as your browser still supports it than it should work no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, Brad. I understand that it is exhausting to get to that one message that is buried somewhere here. IBE will continue to work on third party hosting providers post BC EOS date - that is the guidance I have received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

That is correct, Brad. I understand that it is exhausting to get to that one message that is buried somewhere here.

This thread has gone in so many directions it may be time to lock it. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too late for that. It's still useful, even if it's repetitive. People are still needing help. Better in one forum than a bunch of different ones. JMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People can still start new topics for help. This one thread has lost it's usefulness with all the different directions and questions within it. Take for example the recent question in IBE. Much better would have been to start a new topic on it than bury it deep in a vaguely related thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will let this thread be for now.

Brad: If it is not too much trouble, can you start a thread with the title, "Will In Browser Editing (IBE)" work post the Muse EOL date?

I can use that URL to redirect other users with a similar question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost done with my client's site on sparkleapp. 6 pages plus 3 child pages, pdf downloadable forms, contact form and google map with a video on the welcome page. Just wanted to say it's working well. Have to do the child pages and the thank you page, then it's done. No in browser editing, but I feel relieved that I have an alternative site ready for my client and it's a way to get around muse without a huge learning curve. I'm taking a few days off. Need it. Breathe. Thanks everyone!

(directions page)Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 5.54.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The existing site I see online is Wordpress, they are gonna go from Wordpress to Sparkle ? Where did Muse come into play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was never as complete as many frameworks outside, i use bootstrap for a quite long time because i was always more flexible and portable, also, you can update easily when a new version comes out, something cant be said about Muse... of you wanna try on the easy side i suggest you use Mobirise , that tool uses bootstrap and will never disapear as Muse is doing now, so if need a visual editor like muse with tons of options this is your tool, also you will always reuse the code for more robust websites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/The+Joe+Peach  wrote

i suggest you use Mobirise, that tool uses bootstrap and will never disappear as Muse is doing now, so if need a visual editor like muse with tons of options this is your tool, also you will always reuse the code for more robust websites

There are many better Visual apps out there closer to Muse and its abilities discussed previously.

In regards to Mobirise just be aware, it has a long history of bugs http://forums.mobirise.com/categories/bugs , and many complaining users on its forums, some having been pretty disgruntle. Also the additional paid extension features can get pricey and also add further bugs according to the users. Plus you have to pay every year to keep using these paid extensions, so it gets expensive to have these feature add-ons.

As for "never disappearing" there is no software that can rightly claim that. Muse people certainly never expected to be in this position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for a replacement for muse, you guys should checkout Sparkle. Its a standalone, it very easy to use. I think it could be an excellent replacement. Its about $45 to $85 for a single user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sparkle has been discussed at length here.  And it's Mac only so a non-starter for Windows users.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should convert to Mac, better for graphics anyway. You can install windows as secondary os. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielp67092675  wrote

better for graphics anyway.

That doesn't change that MacOS is not always an option. It isn't for me, because someone else defines the computer system I can get.

32 years ago, you where right. I worked on an IBM PC and an original Mac system. We did Pagemaker on the Mac and pure text edits on the PC. 

Today it's not always true, anymore. I prefer my PC by far to my gf Mac. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Sparkle has been discussed at length here.  And it's Mac only so a non-starter for Windows users.

Have you looked at WYSIWYG Web Builder, which is Windows based?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few of us are using it, yes, it has been discussed at length here. Another one I'm interested in for macs is Everweb. looks easy, but don't know much about it yet. Working on a deadline so I'm taking a break from all of this.

Here's a link with all available alternatives.

Adobe Muse Alternatives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - what a great listing - thank you so much for this great resource - now time to sit down and look.  I wonder if Adobe Management are monitoring our feeds and wonder what in the hell they have done!!

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I do use Bootstrap with Dreamweaver, I haven't looked at Mobrise yet. 

Free Website Builder Software

Free Bootstrap 4 Template 2018

That said, when I see a web page with over 100 code errors, I get skeptical.   If the Mobrise site is any indication of the code their product generates, I might need to re-think using it for anything more than prototypes.

Showing results for https://mobirise.com/ - Nu Html Checker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Muse being dropped in the first place? Help me understand. I am very upset about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it was answered just prior. I still don't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bigsurlove  wrote

I guess it was answered just prior. I still don't understand.

There's nothing to understand.  Muse is just another in a long list of discontinued  Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but that long list is of unsuccessful and reinforced products that they put in and from the beginning they did not work.

Adobe Muse is like saying Illustrator and Photoshop, from the beginning it was a success and many people welcomed it to work and study. That is what is not understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoLive was a highly successful web app for non-coders and then Muse replaced it.  Out with the old and in with the new.  It has always been that way.   Flash Player, Business Catalyst and Muse are just the latest casualties of Adobe's progressive direction.  

Below are a couple of articles on Spatial Navigation.  Spoiler alert, you cannot do this with Muse.

Interacting with TV remote controls - Mozilla | MDN

CSS Spatial Navigation Level 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, so will we be able to preview like muse to show clients?... have a flexible layout ability... export as an html file so we FTP on external hosting platforms etc... use widget or will they be built in... or do we have to buy these again from vendors... any info would be greatly appreciated to set everyones mind at rest if possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines