Exit

mobile and tablet version Muse website

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my muse website

www.odysseyarttours.com

I have created an alternative lay out for a phone, but for one mysterious reason this only works for the home page and not for the other pages of my website. I have tried it 3 times of doing and uploading it again, but it keeps the same.

Not sure what I miss here

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

You are using different layouts for phone, tablet and desktop.. If you go to the phone page and click onto the link „Bespoke …“ you will see in the browser’s address field this:

Screen_01.jpg

Without having a look at the .muse file, your issue may have 3 possible issues:

1. You are using manual menu elements and simply pasted the addresses of your pages to the phone layout. This means, the respective layout target is copied too. You can identify this fault by having a look into the „Hyperlinks“ field in Muse’s upp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I forgot to mention. It must have to do with Muse, because it doesn't show correctly in the preview area in muse as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot.  Is this really intended or a  mistake?  I'm seeing this on all pages.  So try clearing your browser's cache memory.  Or use a different browser. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using different layouts for phone, tablet and desktop.. If you go to the phone page and click onto the link „Bespoke …“ you will see in the browser’s address field this:

Screen_01.jpg

Without having a look at the .muse file, your issue may have 3 possible issues:

1. You are using manual menu elements and simply pasted the addresses of your pages to the phone layout. This means, the respective layout target is copied too. You can identify this fault by having a look into the „Hyperlinks“ field in Muse’s upper control strip, where your link is listed under its respective category:
    Screen_01-1.jpg
    Solution: Choose the correct link to the correct page simply by clicking onto the intended item in the „Hyperlink" flyout menu, not by typing the address into the field.
  2. You forgot to activate the redirect option. Solution: Go to the phone layout, then choose menu „File/Site Properties/Layout“ and activate the option „Redirect from Desktop“:
    Screen_01-2.jpg
  3. This may(!) be a issue of your domain’s server. In this case, you should try a different server or contact the provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Thanks a lot.

It is working now. It was the hyper link indeed. They were all linked to my desktop lay outs, in stead of the other devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would also drop the redirrect script from the home pages as http://www.odysseyarttours.com/phone/ isn't really worth the effort over http://www.odysseyarttours.com/phone/index.html & its just something else that can go wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

For some reason the column my "tours" page on the phone keeps very narrow. Eventhough, in Muze it looks alright.

Art and architecture Tours

The page is linked to the correct phone lay-out and the weight is 380 (same as the other phone pages).

Does someone knows how comes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, there is an issue with elements, which overlap and/or are placed outside your page width. Just read this document: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

If you can’t fix the issue, do this:

• Delete all pages except the „Tours“ page of your phone layout and the associated master page (This makes it easier to analyse your site).
  • Save this .muse document under a new name.
  • Upload it to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service.
  • Post the download link here.

Then I will have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lovely! Thanks a lot, all solved now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines