Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting issues with Adobe Muse 2015.2

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you proceed...

Update to the latest version of Muse that was released on June 20, 2016.  To check for the new update, click the gear icon in your Creative Cloud desktop app, and select Check for app updates. After the installation is complete, open Muse, and select Help > About. The version number should be 2015.2.1.21. Most of the bugs reported in 2015.2 have been fixed in this update. However, if this is an issue with your widget being incompatible with 2015.2, contact your widget developer to upgrade the widget to be compatible with the latest Muse version.

Site does not appear as intended after publishing through Adobe Muse 2015.2, JavaScript errors when publishing.

Your site was working as intended when published in the previous version of Adobe Muse 2015.1. But after moving your files over to the latest version of Muse and publishing it, you encounter the following issues:

• JavaScript error messages
  • Issues with how your page is being displayed in the web browser.

Solution

These issues are probably because of incompatibilities with some third-party widgets with the latest version of Adobe Muse.

To find the widgets that are causing a conflict, open a copy of your site on the Muse 2015.2. Delete widgets one by one and publish your site after each instance to identify the widgets causing issues. Please contact developers of these widgets to have your issue fixed. Meanwhile, continue using the previous version of Muse.

To install a previous version, see http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/16/how-to-find-and-install-previous-version-of-adobe-apps-i...

There is one more known potential cause of pages appearing unformatted and with missing content. In Muse 2015.2, Muse now generates caching directives in .htaccess files when using File > Upload to FTP Host. These directives greatly improve page load times from the second user visit onwards. We’re aware of one hosting provider whose Apache server configuration conflicted with these directives. The end result was that none of the .css, .js or image files for the site would load. There may be others. To resolve this issue, the hosting provider needs to enable AllowOverride Indexes in the httpd.conf in Apache.

Business Catalyst: Site name not displayed in Publish to Settings dialog box
Error: Currently associated site is not available to this user

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

See this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/Associated_site_is_not_available_to_this_user.html

Double-slash at the end of the domain name when publishing through Business Catalyst

Solution: See Why is 2 slashes after the domain name now, when you have to publish a site live after the new updat...

A bug has been logged for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

Crash When Uploading - SiteFile.getBinaryContent called before SiteFile.writeToStream

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse software update.

This issue is mostly caused by custom HTML elements in your code.

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: [object error] after latest Adobe Muse softwa...

Muse 2015 update has broken my site: "MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function:TypeError: jQuer...

Moving Object to another layer changes its position

See Moving object to another layer changes it position.

Error 400 when uploading through Business Catalyst

See these discussions:

Unable to publish site on BC After Muse update to 2015.2 - error 400

Typekit: Error 400 Font Not Available

Muse error- P has inconsistent number of children across breakpoints in text frame U199116 [was: Muse has encountered an error]

Ref: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2169886

Muse supports different text formatting per breakpoint, but the text content (the plain text) and structure (lists, paragraphs, links etc.) is expected to be consistent between breakpoints. The error indicates that somehow text content or structure for a breakpoint has gone out of sync.

Workaround (available in Adobe Muse CC 2015.2):

1. Open the "Edit > Spelling > User Dictionary" dialog
  2. Click the "Done" button with Shift+Command (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl (Win) keys held down. (This fixes the inconsistency, but breakpoint-specific text formatting may have been lost)
  3. Open the file MuseLog.txt from the Documents folder
  4. Looks for messages like "Fixed text model inconsistency in text frame with text ... on page ... at breakpoint(s) ..."
  5. Manually reapply custom text formatting for text frames/breakpoints specified in these log messages

Still facing issues?

If you tried the solutions, and they did not work for you, please get in touch with customer support http://adobe.ly/21iudtV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN will MUSE fix this issue??????? NOT good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted ALL WIDGETS and still no go. I cannot run my business like this..... COME ON ADOBE MUSE... fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi to all, there are so bug also in this new version of adobe muse when I read the comments of other users that really scares me! Is Adobe offers a service to its customers? why nobody seems to take note of various problems more seriously than everyone else? I myself have various problems that add up when using the Adobe Muse CC (latest version). it is unacceptable. Please Adobe: Could you forward in finding solutions to all these problems? some people are already writing for months and they still have no solution. Thank you to arrange as soon as possible so that your customers are well served.

thank you in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using muse on windows, i am getting a do not edit cursor (pen plus circle with a slash in it) when I choose any tool other than the hand tool or the magnifying glass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

I have a question and would like you to give me a solution for that. I have made a menu from composition with appears with rollover on trigger. The menu is big so its shown on the page body. i had to move this menu to a separate layer Layer 1 so that its always on top. But now on my other child pages if anything comes below that menu target its not clickable because its actually below the target area. The Menu (Target) only appears when trigger gets rollover. But the target is on top so other objects below it are not clickable. Is there any way to change the ON TOP property when mouse rolls out of the trigger and the target is no more on top so that the objects below the target comes up and are clickable. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I would like to buy a muse theme for mus but the software version should be Muse CC 2017.0

I did an update but my muse still gives a version 2015.2.1.21... When I open Muse it still asks for the update. But when I click the gear icon in my Creative Cloud desktop app it isn't possible to update because he already did that but when I look at my software version it still shows version 2015.2.1.21 so long story short I'am afraid when I buy this template I can't open it in my muse because of the fact that my version is to low. So how do I get the right version of the software so I will not have any problems opening the new theme?

Hope you can answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines