• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to transfer my projects from one account to another..

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use adobe Sketch and Draw (or Illustrate) on my iPad. I have 2 separate accounts on them, so therefore I have different unfinished projects on both. I want to be able to get them all onto my main account so I don’t have to switch back and forth between accounts to work on a drawing, is there a way I could do that just by using this device? I don’t have access to a computer or anything so I can’t be doing some weird complicated file transfers or anything.

[Discussion by moved by moderator from Illustrator to Adobe Photoshop Sketch]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Hi Erin.

To do this might take a bit of back-and-forth and it might be a bit of a pain to do all of it on a tablet (as opposed to a desktop machine) but it can be done by sharing the projects with the account where you want to aggregate the work.

What you need to do is share a project link and open that link with the account you want to move it to. The steps:

* While signed into Draw/Sketch from your OLD account, from the Project view in the app tap on the project you want to share (you should be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin.

To do this might take a bit of back-and-forth and it might be a bit of a pain to do all of it on a tablet (as opposed to a desktop machine) but it can be done by sharing the projects with the account where you want to aggregate the work.

What you need to do is share a project link and open that link with the account you want to move it to. The steps:

* While signed into Draw/Sketch from your OLD account, from the Project view in the app tap on the project you want to share (you should be able to see all the drawings in that project but shouldn't be able to see any of your other projects)

* Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Project.

* Copy that link, paste it in a mobile browser, and then use your NEW CC account to open that link. When it opens click the Save link in the upper right hand of the screen. That will save the project to your NEW account.

Once you sign in to the app using your NEW account it will take a minute or two for the drawings to sync down to your device, but once there you'll be able to open them and work on them there.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue!

I tried doing what you suggested, but when I paste it in my browser, it

comes up as if I typed “Here is a link to the project “(Project name)””

into the search engine, it’s not coming up with anything that has to do

with Adobe or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

I appreciate you helping!

-Erin

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 7:07 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erin,

This is a Draw file, but this is what you should see when you paste the link browser:

CC_SharedLink.jpg

If this isn't what you're seeing, will you email me through the in-app feedback (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav then Send Feedback), with a screenshot of what you are seeing. It sounds like perhaps there's a step you're missing but I can't be sure which one until I see what you see.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue

I don’t see the Settings thing, though I am new to actually being on this site and seeing how it works. I apologize for any inconvenience...

Anyway, I might as well just post it here;

Circled in red is what I click:2F40F292-28F4-41E8-BF4B-26021EF7F88A.jpeg

D75830A2-084C-40F2-8581-2A112440FDAE.jpeg

E63E77D6-C1B4-4F8E-B411-E0B4D5FC7D35.jpeg

And then, as you see, it just comes up with search results for ‘projects’ or ‘logos’.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erin.

The Settings icon in the lower nav... in the screenshots you've sent, it's one over from the Work icon (next to Discover) that's highlighted in orange. That's the icon you need to tap to get the menu with the Send Feedback link.

I prefer to take this conversation private because we're going to be needing to send links back and forth for me to determine what's going wrong here, because what you're seeing is just not right.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Sorry! Haha, I thought you meant the site. I’ll be sure to contact you the other way...hopefully I have the intellect to figure it out, it sounds easy enough!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erin.

It was my mistake.... We were talking about two different locations (I should have realized).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, another question for you. I had a similar issue, and I have been able to transfer some of my files (via sharing a link) from one account to another, but the issue I am having is that when I do share these files, they get flattened. I want the sketch files to transfer with layers intact, which is why I am selecting to transfer as "PSD" -- nonetheless, when I open the link in the new account, it is flattened and my files are gone. Even when I delete layers, if I try to transfer a drawing with a transparent background, it flattens the image and inserts a while background. For my purposes, this renders the transfer useless. Any ideas how I can more successfully share links that will preserve layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry-- a few typos, revised: Sue, another question for you. I had a similar issue, and I have been able to transfer some of my files (via sharing a link) from one account to another, but the issue I am having is that when I do share these files, they get flattened. I want the sketch files to transfer with layers intact, which is why I am selecting to transfer as "PSD" -- nonetheless, when I open the link in the new account, it is flattened and my layers are gone. Even when I delete layers, if I try to transfer a drawing with a transparent background, it flattens the image and inserts a white background. For my purposes, this renders the transfer useless. Any idea how I can more successfully share links that will preserve layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines