• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LTC Time Code

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the ability to read the Timecode when recording audio LTC timecode to the file. Currently I have to use davinci Resolve to read the code. AVID already has this capability.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

@Drumvisio The change in status means we are actively working on adding LTC support. I don't have a date for release but we're on our way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 217 Replies 217
217 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe, Yes! This is not the 90's anymore! Now most of your users are around and! circling YouTube.com. For Indy filmmakers (which are the VAST, VAST, VAST!!! Majority of us) we need AUX TIMECODE. Free softwares are supporting it, github supports it, Davinci Resolve supports this, so How long we are going to endure and wait for you to wake up on this crucial, day-to-day life saver, saving hours of work naively in PP! Why do we pay you?! this thread should be in the news, 7pm news so every filmmaker can vote for it!

WAke Up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine Autokroma Please watch this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36XYOPp0BE

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvU_f2tg9Ig

What we want is to adobe to incorporate this into the applica tion natively, IT'S ABOUT TIME! (CODE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ofer that's great there are some timecode metadata inside the audio channel. So you do not only want to read the TC and show it in PrPro interface, you actually want to sync the audio to the video, right ?

Theoretically, if there was one TC Start for each audio clip you have in your Project Panel that you recorded with those special hardware, would it be enough if the audio clip selected in Project Panel was inserted at the specific Start TC in the timeline ?

Since you would create your sequence from video tracks they would begin from the video clip Start TC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this request. Media Composer and Resolve both do this. Important feature for Premiere to be taken more seriously by bigger productions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the usecases is the following: We have a multicamera production with two Sony-PMW 700 (which have a TC in) and one Sony Z90 (doesn't have the TC in). To enable syncing with the timecode in post production we attach a "Tentacle Sync" device to the Z90 and embedd the TC onto one of the Audio tracks. With Avid we can simply read the audio timecode and group the clips.

Here are two test files, hope i can attach them correctly. They were recorded with a Sony Z90.

Clip 0018 has the TC embedded on A1
Clip 0019 has the TC embedded on A2

The iphone shown has an offset of two frames but the cameras synched up with the Z90 all have the correct timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, attaching it doesnt work. Lets try it like this.

https://share.ard-zdf-box.de/s/GdocoDCRgABoWXS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Premiere lacks Linear timecode for his multiple camera setup but it's Avid that Mr. Davinci did Resolve his problems with Linear timecode workflow. Very Smart is Mr. Davinci! Now you can premiere your work and its pretty Avid that your workflow is much more Resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem too. My audio recorder produce the master timecode, and I send it to an audio track of cams without TC-Input (eg. Sony FS5 / FS7, all DSLRs).
@antoine: The Timecode-LTC is a "bizzz" sound on the audio track. This has to be convert to meta data of the video file. Then it is easy to sync video files with the audio master TC via timecode.
It would be a great benefit and time saver to have this inside Premiere Pro and not only by extern software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely need this feature for working with multiple non timecode capable cameras. I currently have to use 3rd party software to create xml's which import as timelines and this is less than acceptable. Adobe needs to focus more on the basics of professional workflows rather than endlessly adding shiny gadgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Delahunty, ‏adobe just added /Sound timecode/ into their multi-camera menu. It is still not working properly but it is very nice that they listen to us and they added this feature finally in this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know they couldn't do this. That's a shame, I don't come across it very often but it's a great way of doing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'approuve totalement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be super great if we could just select our clip(s) > Modify > Timecode > LTC
And bada-bing bada-boom, sync'd!!

Looking at getting a couple of UltraSync ONEs from Timecode Systems, but it's disappointing to see that Premiere Pro would simply be unable to interpret the data on it's own!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADD THIS!!! Yes Resolve and Media Composer already do this. It is more common to be on set with camera's that don't have TC built in (the kind you can jam TC into), so LTC has really taken off to solve that problem. Solutions from Tentacle (Sync and Sync E) and TCS/Atomos (UltraSync One), etc; are bringing TC via LTC on one channel of the audio track into camera's that in the past didn't have sync'able TC.
Trying to refine my workflow as much as possible. Everytime I turn around, it seems like Davinci Resolve is ahead on things like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I use Resolve to do this step too. Technically speaking, doing this should be very straightforward and much easier to process than their wave form based sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LTC sometimes referred to as Audio Timecode by some NLE's that already support this, is huge. With all of the DSLR's showing up on shoots now, LTC is the only timecode that can be done by them, but since it has to be processed separately first. That extra step outside of Premiere is really aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADD THIS!!! Yes Resolve and Media Composer already do this. It is more common to be on set with camera's that don't have TC built in (the kind you can jam TC into), so LTC has really taken off to solve that problem. Solutions from Tentacle (Sync and Sync E) and TCS/Atomos (UltraSync One), etc; are bringing TC via LTC on one channel of the audio track into camera's that in the past didn't have sync'able TC.
But we have to process that externally in LTC Convert or Tentacles Sync software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the feature list from LTC Convert (we pretty much either have to use it or Tentacle Sync):
1) It decodes LTC if present on one of the audio channels.
2) It can merge BWF files with QT video, based on source or AUX tc tracks. (And of course the
BWF TC)
3) Option to export PP / FCP XML of synced clips
4) Option to re-wrap clips to Quicktime, if needed with external audio
5) Option to export to ProRes, if needed with external audio
6) Option to alter the TC of the original QT's
7) Option to alter corresponding BWF files so their timestamp matches source TC instead of
audio TC
8) Batch processing of multiple clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just fix this problem. Compared to all the other features you'Re churning out, this seems really doable. I really don't want to rely on third party software or something fcp7 did out of the box, as do all other serious NLEs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not available in Premiere to my knowledge. Has anyone figured this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please - with the increase in home based recording and multi cam setup, this feature would be a welcome addition to PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow PP CC to read LTC (audio track) timecode and use them in the syncing feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm buying the LTC convert now because I have atomX sync and ultrasync one eco system, but I can see this being super needed from more and more filmmakers in the near future. Workflow is super important for us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a more serious timecode and metadata plug in - please PLEASE ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please - 3rd party required for an extra external step is extremely cumbersome

Votes

Translate

Translate