• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue!!! 😞 - Don't know how to solve it...! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone has posted the solution; it worked for me!!!

Project Settings -> General -> Renderer 

Choose "Software Only" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution any more than "stop using Adobe products" is, could only work as a very temporary workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, it's indeed not really a solution. The video playback works, but the playback itself is terrible. It doesn't even properly show a Gaussian Blur. Very frustrating, everything worked fine until a couple of days ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. Everything worked fine (for Adobe standards) and now I'm not even seeing previews anymore, although I changed the renderer to software only. Guess I'll have to switch to Resolve or Final Cut -.- The products Adobe puts out are always buggy and unstable and lack features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Settings -> General -> Renderer 

Choose "Software Only" 

All that does is to not use the graphics card for GPU acceleration, indicating that you either need to update or roll back the video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a fake solution. I did not buy a video card with GPU for nothing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, I spend a lot in my GPU to use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Have we just had a new released pushed out? It was working fine yesterday...

callum_m0mcx_0-1586885613532.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Player:5 

Every Update - new features and new bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rarely a new feature actually, and never a requested one, but lots of bugs, that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue and it delayed a project for work for over a week. Tried many other things i found on blog posts and nothing worked. 

Solution for me =   

Step 1:   Go to Creative Cloud and click the 3 dots next to premeir pro

Step 2:  Click other versions

Step 3:  Install version 14.04. ( I was using newest version which must have some type of bug)

Step 4:  Reopen your troubled project and it should work flawlessly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it's still not working. Any other steps involved in the roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. I lost 2 hours before finding these posts and rolled back to 14.04.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting the exact same issue since this update. adobe please take a look at this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please HELP! Same problem since to-day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not let me preview any of my graphic elements...it just shows the ANNOYING "Media Pending" screen in the multiple languages.  And yes, we just had an update within the last few days.  UGH.  I need to finish this project.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. This is an open issue with legacy Titles with GPU Renderer in 14.1 that has already been fixed in 14.2 Beta (build 24+). https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/known-issues.html

Until then, possible workarounds include using Software Rendering (File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Mercury Playback Engine Software Only) or using Essential Graphics (the current Titler in Premiere Pro) or using 14.2 Beta (if you feel comfortable working in Beta version) or you can go to Creative Cloud and install 14.0.4 if you wish to use GPU in a shipping version with the legacy Titler.

More information can be found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-low-level-exception-error-after-updatin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world is this marked as an "answer"?!  Disabling your GPU is not an answer.  It's an embarrassing response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work! WHY DOES it even happen. 

My timeline was working fine, and played alll effects and exported all effects correctly. Then when I add Legacy title my entire project turns black and I get low level error and GPU acceleration. 

I have a 2019 macbok pro with Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics card

I've had NO issues with these same effects until the legacy title. 

Any help? 

I have a deadline tonight! please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working.  Please instruct us on how to go back to an earlier version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually quite easy to do it and all of your previous projects you were working on before the update should work just fine.  I did this a few days ago and was able to render out my final project.

Randune23_0-1587439891306.png

First, open up the Creative Cloud app on your computer.  Once the CC window appears, find the Premiere Pro section under All apps.  Next to the update tab, click on the 3 dots.  Once the pop-up comes up click on Other Versions.  Find version 14.0.4 listed under older versions, and click install.  Now, don't get all worried when the pop-up window comes up and scares you with all the warnings (won't be able to auto-update, etc.).  It will simply uninstall version 14.1 and install version 14.0.4.  Once the install is done, open up your project you were working on and all of your graphic effects should work.

Good luck!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines