Highlighted

Premiere blew my macbook pro speakers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new 2 month old 15" MBP. I Was working on a project, macbook volume was about on half, when suddenly an audio bug occurred with really loud screatching noise and not letting me pause it. After it stopped, the speakers were really quiet, and after the next restart they're clearly blown. Initially I blamed the hardware, though the same thing happened a day later with my Sony 1000X-M3 headphones, luckily the headphones are ok, but that did give me a heart attack.

The situation is not ok, I am not happy. Adobe customer care chat is ridiculous.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Correct answer by Colin.Fitz | Community Beginner

Hi Adobe Community,

UPDATE: Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro that could affect the speakers in the latest MacBook Pro. Adobe has released a patch via the Creative Cloud app to help address this issue. Please update to 13.0.3. 

Thank you,

- CM

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
This conversation has been locked.

Premiere blew my macbook pro speakers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new 2 month old 15" MBP. I Was working on a project, macbook volume was about on half, when suddenly an audio bug occurred with really loud screatching noise and not letting me pause it. After it stopped, the speakers were really quiet, and after the next restart they're clearly blown. Initially I blamed the hardware, though the same thing happened a day later with my Sony 1000X-M3 headphones, luckily the headphones are ok, but that did give me a heart attack.

The situation is not ok, I am not happy. Adobe customer care chat is ridiculous.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Correct answer by Colin.Fitz | Community Beginner

Hi Adobe Community,

UPDATE: Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro that could affect the speakers in the latest MacBook Pro. Adobe has released a patch via the Creative Cloud app to help address this issue. Please update to 13.0.3. 

Thank you,

- CM

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Macbook Pro is only a couple months old, Apple should repair the speakers for you at no charge (although you'd have to check with them). I just purchased a 15" Macbook Pro myself (this weekend), so if you can think of anything specific that led to the audio screeching, I'd like to know what it is! Same footage/same point in the timeline? Or just a random thing?

Although we're not officially Adobe here, there are some Adobe people who visit on occasion. If you can narrow this down to "when ___ happens, the screech sound appears," it should definitely be reportable as a Premiere bug.

Without more details, it will be hard to pinpoint.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can not re-produce, happened at random.

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just blew my speakers (Macbook Pro 15" 2018) on Adobe Premiere. They are permanently Damaged. I was using the Adobe Premiere 2019 Audio suite for background sound and while tweaking the settings it made a loud distorted noise that hurt even my ears. after that my speakers are unusable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened to me as well.  Both times I put a song in the timeline and went to adjust the volume and it made a horrible loud noise and blew my speakers. I couldn’t mute it or anything.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had the same problem. I was editing files, a very simple video, doing a sound effects pass and it blew out my speakers and now nothing sounds good. Boooooooo!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had me check the audio hardware settings.  Under the default input they changed it from Mac microphone to no input.  They said that was why I blew my speakers.

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did that and thought I would be good, but it did it again within 1 minute again. Scared the crap out of me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't make much sense to me and doesn't change the fact that the speakers are damaged. Who's fault is this tho anyway? Apple or Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines