Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.9!

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update.jpgPremiere Pro 14.9 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. It is recommended for all users.

Here is what we've fixed in version 14.9

• Fixed issue with Durations when setting minimum values in the Essential Sound panel.
  • Fixed issue with rolling edits when rulers are displayed in the Program Monitor.
  • Improved stability when sending sequence with Essential Sound Panel effects to Au.
  • Fixed issue with contextual menus and Track resizing when renaming tracks.
  • Fixed issue where Extensions were displayed as greyed out.
  • Fixed issue where Ghosts projects were created when saving in some virtualized environments.

Complete documentation
Fixed issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this update this morning some of my clips that I used 3d basic effect on arent working properly anymore. The footgae seems cropped at plces and not in the right position as it was. Is there anyone else with this problem or a solution to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Djin,

Sorry about these anomalies. Did you try deleting media cache before updating the project? Have you tried importing the older project into a newer one? These are the things most people try when experiencing difficulties with updating a project from one version to another.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Deleting cache is always the first thing I do when encountering problems but that didn't work.
Importing the old project in a new one seemed to have worked for me!

Thanks for the quick response and help.
Djin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thanks for reporting back. Sorry about the corrupt project.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does 14.9 include the updated SDK for Intel Quicksync? I cannot see any mention of it in fixed issues.

Not updated myself yet to 14.9  but I tried out the Beta 15.0.0. works with the latest INtel driver for 630 Graphics GPU.

What is the official line on this for 14.9 please Adobe ?.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask JonesVid to see if I can get a response. Have you tried 14.9 yet? Let me know what you're seeing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default,

Can you be specific? It's working fine here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default,

Have not heard back. Assume everything is OK. Is it? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicksync Intel GPU Test - is it working in 14.9?

Just tried 14.9 (upgraded from 14.8)

Simple H264 footage on timeline (4K at 25fps)

Encoded to H265 4K 25fps file output. NVidia 2070 Super GPU. NVidia GPU still on 460.68 driver as early January 2021 version of 461.xx release had issues apparently, but did not load that myself. [461.40 now available to try].

Intel GPU on driver 27.20.100.9168. See attached screen shot of Intel GPU activity - seems to be working OK on 14.9 with the latest Intel Driver (I use the Intel Support Assistant/Driver upgrade to ensure all latest Drivers are loaded)

See also Original post on this below and subsequent discussions where I also tested Beta 15.0.0 first (before 14.9 released)

CPU Intel 9900K with the 630 GPU

Note only Intel Ticked in Edit/Media Preferences. With both ticked I understand NVidia GPU takes over?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/quicksync-is-no-longer-working-after-installing-new-dc...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have not addressed the Hardware encoding bug that was introduced in 14.4-- that's 5 (FIVE) updates without even so much as a peep about this issue. It's not even in the "Known Issues" section, so either you're completely oblivious or you're intentionally ignoring it.  

14.4 and beyond severely underutilize the CPU and GPU when encoding, causing the render times to be 5x slower. I made a thread on this back in November: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/render-times-are-significantly-slowed-by-the-14-4-and-be...

You realize this is a paid service? I expect when I pay for something that it works properly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur! This is exactly what I am experiencing.  severely underutilize the CPU and GPU when encoding, causing the render times to be 5x slower! I'm also getting footage completely going black and having to choose software only render which completely slows render to a hault

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

May I have full system details and more info about your source media? Any screenshots are extremely helpful while troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Birdman. Sorry that hardware encoding is still not working for you. Do you have a bug filed over at User Voice? Let me know and I'll upvote it and see if I can get more attention to your issue. In general, and sorry for the frustration, but our devs are not really reading these posts here. They focus in on User Voice.

I'll do what I can in advocating for your issue. I'll be speaking with engineering tomorrow. In the meantime, please install Premiere Pro Beta to see if your hardware encoding issue has subsided.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new. Pr 2020 is full of bugs and issues, crashes and freezes and Adobe do NOTHING. Every update they say abot PERFOMANCE yeah yeah sure lol. Right now I just cant finish my project on 14.9 coz its crashing. Thats ridiculous. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I've the same problem of version 14.8

Preview does not work. Click on play nothing happens. 

Downgrade to 14.7 and everything works fine 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. Downgrading now... hope it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roks,

Can I get more info on your system and media?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Here,

After completing the update to Premiere Pro it will only allow me to bring in one clip onto my timeline.  Any additional clips I try to bring in it only wants to bring in the audio.  HELP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon,

Sorry for the frustration. I think I know what's wrong. Please familiarize yourself with Source Patching, then return with questions: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting.html

Thank You,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon,

Hope you are back on track. Let us know how it's going. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of Premiere Pro 14.9 breaks GPU acceleration on the Radeon 5700 video card. Rolled back to version 14.8 and everything works again. The same problem is with the media encoder. There, encoding does not work with GPU acceleration. Programs just freeze and not respond.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, i have same problem. In 14.9 my RX 5500 XT not working (encode, decode, fx). Rolled back to version 14.8 and everything works again.
(sorry for bad english)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I update to a new Premiere version now (even within the same release family eg 14.8 to 14.9) first thing I do now (from past experience)  is reset Preferences (that old thing again) by holding down Alt [Windows]  on restarting Premiere. Then set up your Preferences again before loading a project.

I also always delete the Media Cache completely (again before loading project) and when the project is loaded let it rebuild all the media cache again.

<<Sub Note - as mentioned elsewhere by several contributors on the Premiere forum a few times  - if you have a spare SSD fast drive in your system, ensure you always put your Media Cache and Media Cache Database there instead of the system C hard drive to speed things up. Define new location in Edit/Preferences/Media Cache and Browse to new location>>.

Also,  I delete all Project Video Previews that the previous release had created and let the project rebuild them when you load Project and render again. Wait for it to finish.

Bit of a pain having to go through all this each upgrade...... but it starts the upgraded release in a known state.

Shouldn't really be neccesary should it ? - but I have found this helps a lot of weird behaviour sometimes.

eg: I have just been working on a project on 14.8 and had one or two stuttering playback issues after going to 14.9  - but doing the above has fixed it.

Don't forget to always back up Projects with a copy onto another drive first in case something horrible goes wrong.

Worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines