• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login redirects to webs.com??

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I went to push my client's site live.  They picked a hosting plan and paid for it and we redirected their current domain name to Business Catalyst.  That was probably around 6pm yesterday.  This morning the domain is still not going to the new site, so I decided to login and see what the problem may be.  When I click "Login" to BC and put in my credentials my browser redirects to webs.com with a message that this page cannot be found.  I can't even get into the dashboard of BC.

The old site was built with webs.com but the domain name is hosted at a completely different site.  When you put in the domain name it still directs to the webs.com page.  The only time I get this redirection and page not found message is when I try to login to Adobe BC. 

I am at a loss.  I can't even do the support chat or email a ticket without logging into the account, but for some reason the forum has me logged in automatically and I'm not questioning it.  Can anybody help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Login using system domain, like mysite.businesscatalyst.com. The common reason for this issue, is either the DNS propagation period was not over, so when you load your site, it takes you to the current provider, which is not bc. OR

Redelegating the domain was not done correctly, please check the link below and make sure if you did everything mention there

Business Catalyst Help | Change the domain name of your site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you say it wasn't done correctly?  I did everything in the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because of what you described, Your site is still set to the old domain host so you need to go through everything.

As a note, you do not just do settings in BC, you have to go to the domain registrar and change the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines