• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mysql with Adobe business Catalyst

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drupal system with a backend mysql database . I want to move the mysql database and integrate it with Adobe business catalyst. How would i go about doing it ? We are hosting all of our web solutions with Adobe.

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Newbie Corner , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We do not have a Dupral integration feature however you might want to look into APIs as a possible workaround solution to connect to an external DB. 

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/635/bc_635.html

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidney,

I have a backup of the mysql database and would like to import it into the Adobe ecosystem. I am new to the Adobe ecosystem and hence need to know what would be my best solution.

I am planning to rebuild the ui in Dreamweaver or muse but want to know how to import all the data from the sql and use it within adobe.

I am moving away from Drupal .

Thanks.

Karthik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there's no porting from an external DB solution. 

You'll need to either import the data into the new site using BC import features found in the admin panel (contacts, products, etc).  Or FTP your files, pages, etc if using DW. 

Since you are completely moving away from Drupal your existing DB there will be no need to use APIs in this case. 

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Karthik J Iyer,

I hope i can help you with this technology note, how we can integrate mysql database into Adobe business catalyst as your interested to make new website design and of website through Dreamweaver. In this technology note will let you know a most important part of creating a sucessfull MySQL database connection when using the php server model in dreamweamwear. It will also help you in some basic point of Mysql account settings.  Let's suppose that you are installing and configuring MySQL on local or remote system.

There will one error will occur within Dreamweaver if your setup is fully not configured (installed). A simple error that can show when testing phrase of MySQL connection in Dreamweaver is "An unidentified error has occurred." you can get more help with mentioned link http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/connect-mysql-database-dreamweaver.html

Regards,

David Kroj

Message was edited by: Liam Dilley: Removed Links used for link building. [ Please note that this posts information is not true. You can not install mysql on business catalyst ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

Firstly I have gone through and moderated all your posts on the Adobe Forums. I have kept the posts as they not overly offensive or spammy. Some are not really helpful in the topics, some are generalisation but your goal is link building (which with one of the google updates is non effective any more so you know) for your website with the keywords and relevent content.

In terms of this post because you do not know what business catalyst is your advise in this case is indeed very incorect. YOu can not run mySQL on Busienss Catalyst. It is a software as a service and you do NOT have access to the server side code or database and you can not do what your mentioning. You can see an official support staff member (one who is really good too!) posting before you stating this.

I will leave your post here up again, but please do not post just to build links to your website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same question here, I would like to use mysql on a businness catalyst site.

Since your answer is dated from 2013 i was wondering if this has become possible since the migration to the Amazon servers?

And if not, why isn't it supported and what alternative is there?

In my case a want to make a website for a soccer club, store all members in a DB and let them do all kind of things.

Fe I want to show the calendars of the teams, let them buy soccer items, and I want to make queries on this (who has renewed his subscription, who is playng in which team, ...)

Best Regards,

Geert Van Drom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geert - No,

BC is still .Net based and its core structure has not changed, pretty much a given it wont ever run mysql. There is no alternative.

All you said in your post you can build in BC with how it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

thanks for the fast answer.

I guess you mean I can do this with the custom web apps?

If so, can you let me know where I can find the information to get the most out of these custom web apps (website, url, pdf, ..)?

Is it possible to import data automatically in these custom webapps (like a daily job)?  Or does one have to do it manually?

Best Regards,

Geert Van Drom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not just web apps but yes.

Import export of web apps can be done via spreadsheet - Manual process, No external API for web apps yet (later in the year).

This sounds familar, Someone asked these very things about a football club wanting teams and profiles etc and mentioning all you have here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines