• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse to Dreamweaver?

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I build my business web site in Muse and import it into my CS3 Dreamweaver to edit and update it?  I want to be able to update it and edit it without having to pay a new subscription everytime I want to change it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Hi,

Muse is not intended to be a code generation hand-off tool for downstream editing. We recommend you do all of your site editing in Muse, rather than exporting the site from Muse and editing the code elsewhere. By staying within Muse, you can continue to use the full functionality of Muse to update your site. As soon as you move to altering the output of Muse, there's no going back (unless you're willing to re-make your changes each time you export from Muse). The HTML code output from Muse is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the skills to use Dreamweaver, nevermind the ability to edit the type of code that Muse produces in Dreamweaver ( a heroic task by most accounts. Have you looked at the code produced and feel confident enough to make constructive edits? If so, more power to you.) - why are you using Muse in the first place?

You seem to be making a lot of extra work for yourself, all to avoid a subscrition charge. If you have DW skills, use them from the outset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 4 years since I last used Dreamweaver to build a site for myself, which still needs work, and I have to relearn it.  I do not know code and have to look at the code changes using logic and process of elimination to figure out what a specific code does. Trial and error is the only way I have to plod through Dreamweaver, and I don't have much time or money.   It seemed a perfect fit to use Muse, as knowing code is not necessary to make it work, but I don't want to have to subscribe $25 every time I want to make a change, but I will if I can save time in the original creation by using Muse.  Graphic art is my hobby, not my proffession.  I am visually oriented and have ideas on how I want my site to work.  As described, Muse seemed a perfect program for me to work with.  I have taught myself Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and got enough into Dreamweaver 4 years ago to half build a site.  Your reply makes it sound like I may be in for plodding through editing Dreamweaver even with starting it on Muse.  Is that correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intent is to use Muse with it's non-html style of building to get the web site built, then do minor editing in Dreamweaver.  I can look at a string of code and see where editable content is and make changes, but I cannot, at this time, come up with the string of code to begin with. If major changes are needed, then I could re-subscribe to Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Muse is not intended to be a code generation hand-off tool for downstream editing. We recommend you do all of your site editing in Muse, rather than exporting the site from Muse and editing the code elsewhere. By staying within Muse, you can continue to use the full functionality of Muse to update your site. As soon as you move to altering the output of Muse, there's no going back (unless you're willing to re-make your changes each time you export from Muse). The HTML code output from Muse is not optimized for manual editing.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, i totally agree. Why use Dreamweaver if you want to use Muse. For me there would be one reason, and one reason only, and that is that I miss the ability to use a contactform. So, it would be nice to only alter the contactpage's HTML in Dreamweaver in order to apply a contactform with HTML/PHP.

The forms which Muse provides look fantastic, but only work with Business Catalyst, and I would like to host my sites wherever I want to. It would be great if that could be fixed.

Regards,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! allow us to export the contact form builder on Muse, it would make life a million times easier to build forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited one site, that was done in Microsoft page one or something, I imported it to Dreamweaver and have updated it on regular basis through Dreamweaver for many years. I then inherited another site about two years ago, this was all done in php, I hate it, it's confusing all,the different pages etc. When muse came along, I made a new web page using content from the php pages.  It is very difficult to update in muse, I don't like the way you update links, you can't just right click, It doesn't allow me to use tables, I do a lot of schedules and tournament results etc.  It looks fine when I hit export to html in that browser then when I upload ALL of the files through ftp to my hosting provider nothing looks correct. I thought I would be able to do the weekly updates through dreamweaver.  And I also don't want to use Business Catalyst as a host.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because fireworks disappeared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines