Error while opening downloaded pdf files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following error after downloading a pdf file  on my android phone: "This file cannot be accessed. Check your connection or make filename shorter."

Running Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S10. Been getting this error continuously since the past week or so. Please help!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem on android 10. Any solutions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue on Samsung 10, android 11

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  Somehow my phone changed the Google Chrome settings to put the downloads on my SD card.  It really wasn't downloading the file.  Switched the chrome setting to download files to the download folder on my phone.  Now it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding some info to help hit more searches, I spent hours searching for this solution for my Galaxie note 10.  Adobe  would not open by the default app, Google drive (even if you clear associations) , that problem started with Android 10 update, but Adobe Acrobat /reader failed to open the files with a bogus error.  According to this article, it doesn't get downloaded, but I was able to forward this via email to my desktop and could open the document.

Perhaps I'm just bad at testing.  I don't think so, but for what it is worth I'll post links wherever I searched before and hope this helps one soul. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kunal,

Sorry for the delayed response. We have released the update that addresses this issue (Android version 21.2.0.17204). Please update your application via Play Store/Apple Store.

If you still face the issue, please use the below-given link to generate a bug report so that we can analyze the root cause.

Reference Link: https://sites.google.com/site/barksideapps/tips-and-tricks/take-bug-report-on-android

Hope this helps. Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Ria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines