Highlighted

Turn Off Content Preparation

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a pdf I get this message...

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 13.14.15.png

How do I stop this?

Hey StewartMurrell,

Are you working with some older version of Adobe Reader here? Please share the exact version of Adobe Reader and OS you are working on?

Meanwhile, refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested here: Hide the message Content Preparation Progress when opening a PDF file

Regards,

Akanchha

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turn Off Content Preparation

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a pdf I get this message...

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 13.14.15.png

How do I stop this?

Hey StewartMurrell,

Are you working with some older version of Adobe Reader here? Please share the exact version of Adobe Reader and OS you are working on?

Meanwhile, refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested here: Hide the message Content Preparation Progress when opening a PDF file

Regards,

Akanchha

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey StewartMurrell,

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed and still happening.

The suggest solution in the link:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Reading. Under "Screen Reader Options" select "Only read the currently visible pages".

This preference is ALREADY ticked.

Unless I have to edit a PDF I have to open them in CHROME because it doesn't mess about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evocrim,

Sorry to hear that you are still getting affected. Ideally, following preferences setting should have been solved the problem.

Please share the current version of Adobe Reader DC. Open Reader>Help>About Reader DC if there's any pending update you may install it. Open Reader>Help>Check for update

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, and the solutions suggested do not stop that flaming annoying irritating box appearing every two or three seconds. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. Everything has gone really well for six months, and now, today, this too has started for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the option to disable.
1. Select Edit –> Preferences —> Accessibility
2. Under Other Accesibility Options, uncheck Enable assistive technology support.

3. Select Ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? I am trying to remain positive here. A suggestion: keep "Assistive Technology Support" enabled, but allow notifications to be turned off. Every mobile phone allows the user to do this for installed applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Preferences under Edit. Only under Acrobat DC Pro then Preferences. I am on a Mac and this fix does not seem to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac the Preferences is within the "Acrobat Reader" tab which is 2 left of Edit.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK you! So much less annoying when this is off. The application runs so much better with it off too!

Shame on Adobe for making this so annoying out of the box. 

Fresh install of Version 2019.021.20061 today (1/30/2020) and this is still a problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it seems none of these items are working for me./ I am running the latest Mac OS and Adobe DC Pro and that stupid window keeps popping up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually try Adobe Pro DC ---> Preferences -----> (left hand panel) click on --->Accessibilty ---> then  uncheck "Enable assistive technology support"  and this didn't work for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed the above steps and it didn't work. This just began with the latest update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me either. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work, very Thanks!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Accesibility Options, THEN RESTARTING THE APP, appears to have worked for me.

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.006.20034 on MacOS Catalina version 10.15.3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. I have been trying to solve this for months. I even followed this stupid hack that had you messing around with hidden files. Now Acrobat crashes frequently for me even after I reinstalled it. Go figure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, this helped me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! this works for me with latest versions of acrobat pro & mac catalina as of 06/16, pdf crashes whenever the box appears, been struggling with this for months.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thanks a ton.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! 

FINALLY, my PDFs load in real-time now without the wait... which was a long wait.... felt like an eternity in this digital world especially when you're C-Suite is expecting an answer in 5 seconds, you had to reload the entire spreadsheet, triple check the data columns, start to save again as PDF for the umpteenth time now, 10 more projects just flew in from some black hole vacuum (the back-burner's a flippin' internal joke at this point), ad deadlines are screaming at you as if they're all being chased by that Friday the 13th guy, super-pushy-over-demanding sales calls, co-workers are prolly at a HH you never got invited to, plus you haven't eaten in two and half days because your brain no longer has the capacity to kick that favorite restaurant craving and move on... and they shut their doors, yesterday!

So, again, THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
R_MJ LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank YOU! On a Mac, the string is: 

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.25.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.24.02 PM.png

My version of DC:

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.22.40 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF