Highlighted

After effects can't connect to Media Encoder

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently updated my creative cloud to the 2019 version. I know have that problem that After Effects won't export through Media Encoder. When i click Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, the Media encoder opens up, but there isn't anything that i can begin export. The Media Encoder works fine with Premiere Pro.

Does anyone know how to connect or re-connect the Media Encoder to after effects?

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects can't connect to Media Encoder

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently updated my creative cloud to the 2019 version. I know have that problem that After Effects won't export through Media Encoder. When i click Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, the Media encoder opens up, but there isn't anything that i can begin export. The Media Encoder works fine with Premiere Pro.

Does anyone know how to connect or re-connect the Media Encoder to after effects?

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so there are several ways how to fix that or get around that issue. I guess you have proper versions of AE and AME instaled?
- if there was no issues in previous version just go back to earlier AE/AME
- try to clean AE preferences Setting preferences in After Effects

- disable any antyvirus/firewall that you have
- try to import your AE project from AME
- try to: before you go to Add to AME render queue - start AME
- start ame ... ad any video file to AME, delete that file from queue and stry to add/Export to AME queue from AE

Check if any of those can help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None works, when trying to import EA project into AME it keeps seacrhing for the dynamic link-server...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try disabling antivirus and or that:

- start ame ... ad any video file to AME, delete that file from queue and try to add/Export to AME queue from AE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing can be added, because of dynamic link server search theres no queue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't add anything? How so?
Opern AME and just add any video file - that does not work also?

And you say that connection between AE and AME also does not work in earlier versions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-19 om 15.52.46.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant't get pass these windows...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm saying about opening AME and adding any video file not AE project. I know thyat seems stupid but it sometimes work. Open AMe, add any video file to queue. After that remove that file and try to add AE comp.
If after that it does not work, and any of described by me ways does not work, and instaling and using earlier AE and AME version also does not work  I surrender and have no idea how to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works, but thanks for helping man!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, I can't render my video using AME. In the AE there is no any way do that. But both are in the same vertion.Can you help me please.20200421_125417.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this hack. I tried this is worked. My composition queued but then it won't encode. It just keeps loading and saying "connecting to dynamic link server..."

🤷🏽‍:female_sign:🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not work.

AE Version 16.0.1 Build 48 - ME Version 13.0.2 Build 39 - MBP 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB

The solution to changing the OS language to english (from swedish) is not a solution, it becomes a problem for a variety of other applications / apps.

This was working, why do you have to change it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work on Mac 10.13.6, apps updated to the last release (AE 16.0.1 Build48; AME 13.0.3 Build39) nothing works.

When I export to AME the app opens but can't load the job to render.

Tried to switch from Italian (my app language) to English, nothing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this works for me, I've tried and it works.

Unable to Export After Effects Composition using Adobe Media Encoder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sove this issue creating a new user profile account on my mac. After login the new account, all connections with Media Encode and Audition it's working again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0