• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Accounts now have limits for new users

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick post to save other Partner having the same experience I've just had.

Apparently OpenSRS now has limits set on sending emails for new email addresses. It doesn't matter whether it's an existing domain/website, as soon as they set up a new email address in the BC system, they are limited to a miserly 10 emails/day. This will slowly work it's way up to 25 - 50 etc (see screenshot from support of one of my client accounts - http://screencast.com/t/Pp1oKRkS5I).

I've had 2 different clients contact me in the last week about not being able to send emails and after days on support tickets and an hour on chat, I have found out that there is indeed a limit. It seems that if you contact support and show your displeasure, they can contact OpenSRS and get the mimit increased (just not immediately).

I looked like an idiot telling my clients that there must be an issue with their Outlook setup, when all along the issue was with BC.

Maybe I should change them all over to Google Apps.

Jarrod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where were you abale to take that screenshot? I haven't experienced any email issues at all and would like to check that on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad

That screenshot came from Support. It's not something we have access to. I'm not sure if it's pure coincidence, but I had 2 different clients with the same issue in the last week. From what support said, OpenSRS has made a few changes recently. Just something to be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial SMTP relay limit is 25 a day. We asked OpenSRS to raise it but didn't get anywhere.

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines