• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum spam

Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, already posted something about this before.

But i got a big problem with my forum on a business catalyst site.

The site is getting lots of traffic ( 1k a day) but the problem that is coming with that is the spammers.

my forum is getting 10 spamposts/replies an hour. so its getting impossible for me to manage that and it shoudn't be a problem for a expensive cms like bc.

so is there any way to:

- Bann ips / Emails

- Let new users get a confirm email before able to post.

- Prefent the spam in any way?

the filter with new users that post need there posts to be confirm doesn't help.

even with that i get 10-20 forum posts that need to be deleted or confirmed all separate. so that is no way of managing that.

Anyone can help me out with this problem???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone knows a solution? its a closed system. so there is no way to edit the php i think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is not PHP.

This has been posted a lot recently on the forums. BC are aware of the issue and working on it hopefully. Short term - Take the form action out of the sign up form and javascript implement it on submit so that bots cant submit the form by default, only humans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok hopefully there will be a solution to this.

alot of the spammers are human spammers from india btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know why that is dont you?

Those SEO companies that say that they can improve your SEO and all they do is spam peoples forums and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our next release (next week), we will extend the current spam protection for Cases and Blog Comments to work also for Forum posts.

This involves several components.

1. Computers with blacklisted IPs will no longer be allowed to post on the forums (they are already not allowed to post blog comments or cases)

2. All forums will have Akismet forum spam protection enabled

3. The Blacklisted IPs database will be created as follows:

3.1 All IPs that have posted on BC more than 50% spam comments or cases or blog comments will be blacklisted in the BC database

3.2 The database will be daily integrated with the StopForumSpam database - and will blacklist all IPs from the StopForumSpam with more than 5 spam reports in the last 2 months.

We hope that with these protections in place, we will stop forum spam. It's an arms race, but we are still fighting

Alexandru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alexandru, that is awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully that will slow down forum spam .

email verification + manual ip ban would also help alot against the spam with the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manual IP banning is really useless Rob,

You can negate that in seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this also take care of the problem of customers being able to add themselves to the CRM system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no real solution to forum spam from BC. Very disappointing, I will be transferring my site over on next rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site has 1000 spammy forum topics, on a webbasics site that had no forum!  How did people get in there and why can't I mass delete them!?     

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am starting to get all spam and it doesn't go into the spam filter. I had to make it so I manually approved or disapproved. I cannot find a button to mark as spam. I am also getting a lot of traffic from Caracas Venezuela.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines