• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prerelease beta available for Adobe Dimension 4.0

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Dimension community!  It's been a while but we have a major update of Adobe Dimension coming which will change several of the core systems including the rendering engine and material model.  

If you are interested in early access tothis update, please join the Adobe Dimension prerelease program.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive
TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J,

the link doesn't work mate

Screenshot (1743).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ussnorway !  Can you please try this link instead:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/35E7AEFC-AACE-41EB-9CB9-80B4DD634FD0/participate/D31EC205-47A6-...

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the new features?

I dont want to download, im working on a project on 3.4.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a list of changes, but still I dont trust Adobe, they have done that when they discontiued  3D tools in Photoshop and claimed to add them to Adobe illutrator, but Photoshop had more robust 3D tools. so I hope they dont take out some features fro Dimension so we can buy Substance.

I will post the list next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is changing in Adobe Dimension 4.0 

Adobe Dimension 4.0 is being updated to incorporate some of the same underlying code components as Adobe Substance 3D Stager, particularly in areas like rendering, lighting, and material handling. This update puts Dimension on a more modern and maintainable codebase, ensuring the application is more stable and secure for users. Consequently, users will see some changes in the software – most notably in rendering capabilities and material workflow, as well as minor functionality and quality improvements throughout the application. 

Will my existing Adobe Dimension projects be compatible with Dimension 4.0? 

Yes.  Adobe Dimension will continue to load all previously saved documents.  

What changes to Dimension features and functionality can I expect in Dimension 4.0? 

The rendering engines for both real-time and ray-tracing modes have been updated, and the latest version of the Adobe Standard Material has also been updated. These changes may result in visual differences from previous versions of Dimension. 

Camera bookmarks have been replaced with camera objects and are now located in the scene panel. A scene can have multiple camera objects with different resolutions. Resolution is no longer a document-wide setting.  Camera bookmarks will be imported and converted to camera objects from previous Dimension files. 

The environment light system has been updated to include image light layers which can be positioned, scaled, and colorized independently. 

Several tools and capabilities have been added including the Align & Distribute tool, bounding box snapping, and the ability to preserve pivot data when importing files. 

There are many other small changes including updates to the scene panel and properties panel interface, shortcuts, icons, placement of controls, and more. 

Will rendering results change with this update, and what impact will these features have on my work? 

The Adobe Standard Material implementation has been updated to the latest version which changes the way many material aspects are handled.  Displacement, subsurface scattering, translucency, clear coat, emission, anisotropy, and more are either new or have updated behavior. 

Renderings may look different from previous versions of Adobe Dimension.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yasir777,
Many thanks for this update...getting info about this release is like pullin' teeth! I truly don't understand the opacity of Adobe's information on this, but I am ultimately engergized about a new release...I just wish there were more info on features/capabilities/specs/release dates/etc. Thanks again for your input. peace, richil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release is in the pre-release stage, which is even before the beta stage. It’s available to subscribers who want to dive in early and report bugs. I had to revert to version 3.4.11 because the materials weren’t loading consistently. However, I’ve noticed more wrinkled objects and cloth options, which is a positive addition. I hope they continue to expand these selections.
another thing I want to mention if you really went to dab into 3-D, you can download Photoshop Version 22.2 it has all the 3-D capabilities you can use them along with your other 2024 Photoshop because adobe illustrator 3-D and material is really not that robust, but between dimension and an older version of Photoshop, which is still works for me I get most of my work done. I design product and food packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to join. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind it was a server error... sorted it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the 2nd link works correct, thanks J

for anyone trying to get in, you have to first click on the pdf in order to unlock the agree option & the download is 2G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, been waiting for an update.

Will this update run natively on Apple Silicon macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the macOS compatibility requirements for Creative Cloud app are what you need i.e, if your system isn't running the CCapp then its not going to boot up this beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JMathews will this update still run within Rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J,

I was curious about a few items...

- What are the requirements, hardware & operation system-wise for  Dimension 4.0 pre-release beta

- Can I download it and still run the current 3.4.11 version

- When is 4.0 beta coming out

Many thanks for this update, we all thought Dimension was dead & buried, but apparently IT'S ALIVE!!!

peace, Richard Hill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Beta and it seems to have overwritten the install of my 3.4.11 - I have a couple of things to report on it so far.

When I open my Dimension from CC Cloud desktop, it lists it as updated to 3.4.11, but opening it opens version 4.0.2.

Version 4.0.2 is still running as intel native/ie under Rosetta, but rendering is SIGNIFICANTLY faster in 4.0.2

Same render in 4.0.2 took only 20 seconds or less compared to 4 minutes in 3.4.11 -

Opening a file in the new version did have the scene in different viewport, but the saved cameras seemed to be okay and identical to previous. 

On one image decal in 4.0.2, I noticed a white hairline artifact that was not present in a 3.4.11 render of the same scene. I tried reimporting image etc. and got the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve been experimenting with Adobe Dimension 4.02 and I must say, I’m impressed. The interface is slightly different and I like it.. I hope they keep the current materials that they have. I could count over 100 I hope they're not there just for the test.. However, there’s one feature I think could enhance the user experience is the ability to pivot to the Top, Bottom, and Center on the X and Z axes when scaling. Only Y axis can be moved up or down from either side, but when scaling the X or Z they are scaled symmetricaly, the point is to be able to scale one side. 

I would like to hear the group’s thoughts on this before submitting it to the tech department?

i can't wait for the final update. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines