Highlighted

"You've been signed out" error every time I try to sign into Creative Cloud desktop application.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keeping getting a "You've been signed out" message everytime I try to log into the Creative Cloud desktop application.

I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.
  2. Renaming the OOBE folder to OOBE-old.
  3. Deleting everything in the SLCache.

All of the above were suggested either on these forums or by support. None have worked.

I am on a team membership.

I am currently using Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5.

I am on a Mac running Mavericks (OSX 10.9).

Nothing seems to be working and I have been passed from department to department on the support chat window thing.

Someone, for the love of God, please help.

I would like to share with you the solution that worked for me.

This is the step-by-step procedure I followed, guided by Tariq from Adobe's live chat service:

1: Open Activity monitor from spotlight and end all Adobe related processes. You may find processes like AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon process.

2: Open a Finder window, select Go>Go to folder option, type in ~/Library and hit enter.

3: Now navigate to Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/.. folder.

4: Delete opm file under OOBE.

5: Rename OOBE to OOBEold.

6: Check if you have AAMupdater in the same location.

7: Please rename it to AAMupdaterold.

8: Click on gear icon on Creative Cloud desktop app and choose Quit Creative Cloud.

9: Then launch it, sign-in and click on Apps tab.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"You've been signed out" error every time I try to sign into Creative Cloud desktop application.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keeping getting a "You've been signed out" message everytime I try to log into the Creative Cloud desktop application.

I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.
  2. Renaming the OOBE folder to OOBE-old.
  3. Deleting everything in the SLCache.

All of the above were suggested either on these forums or by support. None have worked.

I am on a team membership.

I am currently using Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5.

I am on a Mac running Mavericks (OSX 10.9).

Nothing seems to be working and I have been passed from department to department on the support chat window thing.

Someone, for the love of God, please help.

This is the step-by-step procedure I followed, guided by Tariq from Adobe's live chat service:

1: Open Activity monitor from spotlight and end all Adobe related processes. You may find processes like AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon process.

2: Open a Finder window, select Go>Go to folder option, type in ~/Library and hit enter.

8: Click on gear icon on Creative Cloud desktop app and choose Quit Creative Cloud.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here with 1 team member. 2 other member have the Adobe CC wotking just fine. I post the answer here if I find any solution soon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much.

I also used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Creative Cloud & CS6 products, then reintalled again. Still not fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution outlined here also did not work for me: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link also did not work as the "opm.db" file does not exist: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

I was able to find a file called "pim.db", but im not going to just start delelting things and hope for the best.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't sign in either. It's not working on either computer that I upgraded to Maverick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Very frustrating! C'mon, Adobe get this fixed.

Your posted solution does not work, as others have pointed out. Re-downloading and re-installing the CC app does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is how I solve the problem.

I uninstalled the CC applications and used the cleaner tool to remove all files. Additionally I removed all cookies from my browser (I have read i other forums that it might have some influence).

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

So of with a fresh start. All teammembers can work again.

Hope it works for you guys as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve the problem as well.

I used to cleaner tool to remove all Creative Cloud/Creative Suite that I had on my computer and then reinstalled the Creative Cloud. It all worked fine after that.

Im not sure exactly why this has worked, but once I got rid of everything and reinstalled the Creative Cloud, it worked.

It was really a last gasp solution because if it didnt work I would have had nothing.

Hopefully this helps others, but this really is a problem that Adobe need to fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

35 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly!

Thank you for sharing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked great for me too. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me, as well. Many thanks to CM_Marketing for posting it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CM_marketing wrote:

This works for windows as well. Thank you...

The only difference is To delete the opm file, you must close the manager first or windows will not allow you to delete that database file.

The opm file on windows 7 is C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

I can confirm that both the OOBE and AAMUpdater folders do get recreated.

(This post will be duplicated in my other thread with a link to this one.)

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for now.

Dear Adobe: What a crippling and time consuming pain!
Glad to find a fix though. Thanks so much for posting it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for me! thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much CM_Marketing, that did the trick!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. THe last time I chatted with an agent but I forgot most what he told me. So this was helpful. And you are right: THEY NEED TO FIX IT!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! This is like a VIRUS keep bothering me, why do I have to try so many different ways to fix THEIR BUGS??!!

Till now I tried clean IE proxy checkbox - never checked

rename OOBE folder

The problem is still there, what else should I do?? I really have no idea.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get "Open a Finder window, select Go>Go to folder option, type in ~/Library and hit enter." Plwase Help Meh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows and the location, at least on windows 10 was: C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might work for me too, if I knew what the hell you were talking about. What's an Activity Monitor? and so on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and here's the fix translated for the windows users:

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    • Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    • Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

22 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me Thank you "MikeBanks" and "CM_Marketing" for solving this!!

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MikeBanks & CM_Marketing, very helpful.  I'll add that (on windows) I had to manually end the "AAMupdater notifier" process before I was able to rename opm.db.

FIngers crossed that this does the trick!  Typekit removes my synced fonts *instantly* when signed out, which has made my life miserable today - what a dumb policy...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit hesitant to use typekit fonts, for that reason. I had this 'you've been signed out' issue today which made my current files using typekit fonts unusable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as a Windows user! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the file but it did not solve the problem :c

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeBanks solution above worked for me as well. Thanks!

You do have to have hidden files showing in Windows, which is not the default setting. For information on how to do that, visit http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked beautiful for me. Thanks Mike!

13. MikeBanks,

Dec 28, 2013 1:18 AM   in reply to cable_ready

Had the same issue and here's the fix translated for the windows users:

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder. 
    • Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    • Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thanks, MikeBanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a LEGEND! Thanks so much, if you had a PayPal buy me a drink link I would have clicked on it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It works !!

Thanks, you saved my day !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike - that fixed it on my Win7 PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is how people work with Adobe? This is the elegant streamlined system for which I'm paying annually? Please get your act together, Adobe engineers. I shouldn't have to be digging around my drive, deleting and/or renaming files in order to simply log in and download the products for which I've already paid an exorbitant amount. Why is this ridiculous error still occurring nearly a year later? Oh, you're right. Keep charging people for the product and worry about the fixes later. Or not at all. I'll jump through hoops to use your product. After all, what choice do I have? Correct. None.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and here we are having the same problem in Dec 2019. What are the alternatives to Adobe's dominance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked on Adobe Creative Cloud 4.3.0 with Windows 10 after an automatic daylight savings change locked me out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! It worked. Thank you. I've been trying this forever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines