• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Adobe Draw is gone and so are my files!

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to lose adobe draw but they did note that they will send all my files to Fresco. Now Adobe Draw is gone and my files are nowhere to be found (nothing in Fresco). Is there any way to restore the files from Adobe Draw after the app is gone please? 
Many thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , File or project recovery , How to , Sync to desktop apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi All,

This is to inform you all that the previous workarounds have stopped working. I am afraid there is no way to recover the files now if they were not synced to Creative Cloud.

However, if your Draw files got synced to Creative Cloud and didn't show up in Fresco, you can try locating them on this website https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p and convert them to Fresco.

But if your Draw/ Sketch files are not on this website, then the files are unrecoverable now, and unfortunately, there are no workaroun

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was using Adobe illustrator and was completely unaware of the transition and now all my drawings are gone and I've been drawing for two years is there a way to restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adesola228374026ghy,

Sorry to hear about that. I would like to know if the steps suggested by @martaddigital on this post worked for you? It is the best workaround to get your artwork back from Draw & Sketch app.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried doing that but that app still did not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't understand why you can't just post the solution here.  Please help - I am a working artist and lost so much work.  DM me if that's really what you're being told to do.  I'm beyond frustrated and trying not to lose my mind on a forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jaimeladu & @Adesola228374026ghy,

I am really sorry to hear that. Changing the time & date workaround was the only solid workaround. Please check if there is any system update that is not pending on your device manually, which may help with this workaround once you update it. If that doesn't work, the only other option is to check if you can able to locate your files on this website (https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p). If yes, then I would suggest you check out this video (https://bit.ly/3qfAz0Q). In this video, there are four methods to save your artwork, the first method will not work now, but you may try the rest three methods. I hope it helps!

Note: There are no further workarounds or solutions to recover the files other than these workarounds.
This has worked for 100 users as far I know. I am sorry it didn't work for you. I tried to help as many as possible via DM. Now martaddigital has shared with this publicly with you all.

Reagrds,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEARS of work lost. Thanks ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I have lost all my Draw artwork and am extremely upset.

Since downloading Fresco and being locked out of Draw I have tried the suggested workarounds more than once, since the cut off time.To no avail. 
All of my files were saved onto my iPad only, never to the cloud to which I was neither subscribed to or signed into. There is a huge document and data file associated with Draw on my iPad. My artwork perhaps.

Will Adobe reactivate Draw properly and fully so users in my situation can retrieve their artwork? Seriously - Adobe must have changed Draw some way that is possible to reverse.

That you have been able to help 100 people must be a small drop in the ocean of Draw users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have also lost all my drawings with the move from Adobe Draw to Adobe Fresco. @Anshul can you please assist me to recover these? Many thanks, Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @roryd2705,

I am really sorry to hear about this. I am afraid there is no way to recover the files now. However, if your Draw files got synced to Creative Cloud and didn't show up in Fresco, you can try locating them on this website https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p and convert them to Fresco.

But if your files are not on this website, then the files are unrecoverable, and unfortunately, there are no workarounds to recover them.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sale problem, can someone help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost my projects as well I had them offline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unfortunately the same issue. How can I get to recover my files?

thank you in advance

regards

teo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well. Really frustrating & scared my work files are gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lauren Marie22721802fvvw,

I've sent a DM.
Please check!

If anyone else needs help recovering their files, please DM me.

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is:

@Anshul_Saini  is very busy with DMs!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contcated them and this is their feedback👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 It works!!!

Thanks for confirming that. Please try the following workaround to get access to the Adobe Draw app for a limited time (This will stop working any day now):
1. Go to iPhone/ iPad Setting
2. General
3. Date & Time
4. Disable Set Automatically
5. Select 8 Jan 2022 Manually
6. Open Adobe Draw app & sign in using Adobe account

For Android:
1. Go to the Settings app
2. Search for Date
3. Disable Automatically
4. Select 8 Jan 2022 Manually
5. Open Adobe Draw

Note: Free Account has only 2 GB of Cloud Storage. If the size of your files exceeds that, please subscribe to the Additional Storage plan to sync your files to Creative Cloud. Steps are here: https://adobe.ly/350xkOr).

I hope it helps! ^AKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to recover files lost from the Adobe sketch to fresco transition? Mine only captured January projects!! I've got two years of files missing. I tried the "January 8" workaround suggested here for draw but it didn't do anything. 

Thank you!!!

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Tried that workaround and still got the "Go to Fresco" when I opened up Draw.  This is so frustrating.  Please tell me there is hope.  I lost years of work and as a working artist that is serious.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya!

I was having the same issue of the workaround not working for me, but when I tried changing the location to USA rather than Australia as well as the date then it worked and let me into Draw to manually download each file to Adobe Cloud.

Hope the same goes for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i himm it lives on leandscap options in scoldded matches mathematics  root workking live liver "chuinggoum " "BOBLEGUM"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderl ealiveation formming it disiredding desings full happing thes hors in life piriordds on oll gives freeii aiii.... Rootterrr...shorre... exxxcappe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello H-owdy,

Can you be more specific about where you set the country. I backdated to 8 Jan and changed country in Date and Time. When that didn't work I also edited my Adobe profile.

Sadly neither action released my illustrations.

I would be very grateful if you could spell out your whole procedure.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

i just tried the work around, and I get stuck on the splash page of the app - the button that would normally allow me to log into Adobe doesn't seem to work.

I did not use Adobe Cloud for backup.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of my artwork is now stuck inside the app, and I have no access. If there is any way, any way at all, I can recover these files, please help me. 

Regards,

Sanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is to inform you all that the previous workarounds have stopped working. I am afraid there is no way to recover the files now if they were not synced to Creative Cloud.

However, if your Draw files got synced to Creative Cloud and didn't show up in Fresco, you can try locating them on this website https://adobe.ly/3eoSI3p and convert them to Fresco.

But if your Draw/ Sketch files are not on this website, then the files are unrecoverable now, and unfortunately, there are no workarounds to recover them.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines