Highlighted

LIVE from Adobe MAX - Lightroom Classic 10.0 Release

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've come a long, long way together

The ALL NEW Lightroom Classic MAX 2020 Release

You've probably seen the new social trend of couples showing their when we met & present-day photos. Do you remember when you first met Lightroom Classic? For some of you, maybe it was this past year while working from home, and for some, perhaps it was back in our public beta 1 days.

Then - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to NowThen - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to Now

I remember when I first was introduced to Lightroom--it was a darkroom, library, and pure Photoshop-like magic. I had been lamenting the lack of access to a traditional film darkroom and had just made the switch to digital photography. I had been trying to keep all of my digital photos and graphic assets organized, but much like in real life, I was frustrated and miserable--that is until my friend Ibraham introduced me to Lightroom public beta 1. I was awestruck by Lightroom, the darkroom's digital twin, and ended up switching my photography workflows to Lightroom primarily. 

New features roll out every year, but this year's new tools and features updates EXCITE me to no end. In the words of Fatboy Slim, "We've come a long, long way together and I have to praise you like I should."

Lightroom Classic has always been a product created by and for Photographers, and together with your input, our product teams have developed a fantastic set of new features and tools to help you do what you do best--develop, edit, and publish--faster and easier than ever before.

At MAX 2019, I had the privilege of sitting with leading photographers from around the world at the Adobe Professional Community Summit. Each user shared what top features would make their specific industry photography workflows better and more efficient in Lightroom Classic as well as editing between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Many of you also submitted suggestions online about what would make using Lightroom Classic more enjoyable for the everyday user. I am so EXCITED to see your feedback packed into this year's Lightroom Classic MAX 2020 new features!

Lastly, I believe that we should all be empowered to work smarter, not harder. It's on that philosophy that I have selected my Top 5 Features based on how you might use Lightroom Classic as well as Photoshop in your photography editing workflows. It's by no means exhaustive, but hopefully, it will help you dive-in and begin using the new tools and features in workflows that you already use every day.

I would LOVE to see how you use the new features! Be sure to share your favorite results in the comments below!

PhotographyPhotographyTOP 5 New Features for Photographers

1. Color Grading for More Control
  2. Faster Editing with Brushes & Gradients
  3. Greater Control with Scrubby and Box Zooms 
  4. Neural Filters
  5. Sky Replacement

Download Lightroom Classic Here

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

LIVE from Adobe MAX - Lightroom Classic 10.0 Release

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've come a long, long way together

The ALL NEW Lightroom Classic MAX 2020 Release

You've probably seen the new social trend of couples showing their when we met & present-day photos. Do you remember when you first met Lightroom Classic? For some of you, maybe it was this past year while working from home, and for some, perhaps it was back in our public beta 1 days.

Then - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to NowThen - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to Now

I remember when I first was introduced to Lightroom--it was a darkroom, library, and pure Photoshop-like magic. I had been lamenting the lack of access to a traditional film darkroom and had just made the switch to digital photography. I had been trying to keep all of my digital photos and graphic assets organized, but much like in real life, I was frustrated and miserable--that is until my friend Ibraham introduced me to Lightroom public beta 1. I was awestruck by Lightroom, the darkroom's digital twin, and ended up switching my photography workflows to Lightroom primarily. 

New features roll out every year, but this year's new tools and features updates EXCITE me to no end. In the words of Fatboy Slim, "We've come a long, long way together and I have to praise you like I should."

Lightroom Classic has always been a product created by and for Photographers, and together with your input, our product teams have developed a fantastic set of new features and tools to help you do what you do best--develop, edit, and publish--faster and easier than ever before.

At MAX 2019, I had the privilege of sitting with leading photographers from around the world at the Adobe Professional Community Summit. Each user shared what top features would make their specific industry photography workflows better and more efficient in Lightroom Classic as well as editing between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Many of you also submitted suggestions online about what would make using Lightroom Classic more enjoyable for the everyday user. I am so EXCITED to see your feedback packed into this year's Lightroom Classic MAX 2020 new features!

Lastly, I believe that we should all be empowered to work smarter, not harder. It's on that philosophy that I have selected my Top 5 Features based on how you might use Lightroom Classic as well as Photoshop in your photography editing workflows. It's by no means exhaustive, but hopefully, it will help you dive-in and begin using the new tools and features in workflows that you already use every day.

I would LOVE to see how you use the new features! Be sure to share your favorite results in the comments below!

PhotographyPhotographyTOP 5 New Features for Photographers

1. Color Grading for More Control
  2. Faster Editing with Brushes & Gradients
  3. Greater Control with Scrubby and Box Zooms 
  4. Neural Filters
  5. Sky Replacement

Download Lightroom Classic Here

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features might be nice if I was to test them properly. The so-called new Zoom performance is a mess. I imported files from a Nikon D850 and when you try to zoom in it takes a lot of time. A huge performance step back. Same applies to anything you try to export.

Cropping fotos is the same...

I fear I cannot downgrade again but would surely do. What do new features help if the new upgrade is in its performance worse than the old version?

Translate

Translate

Oct 24, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, sorry you're having trouble. It would probably be best to create a separate post with these details so they don't get lost in an announcement thread. It may help if we could see your Lightroom Classic System Info. Launch Lightroom Classic, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in that new topic. Thx.

Translate

Translate

Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piece of garbage. Crashes everytime afer 5 minutes of opening. Can you please get it together once and for all? 

Translate

Translate

Oct 24, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RCP, sorry you're having trouble. I'm not seeing any crash reports from you for Lightroom Classic 10 in our system. It would help us immensely if you could please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

If you're experience a freeze and need to force quit, that is a different issue and we'd probably need process sample during the freeze to diagnose.

It would probably be best to create a separate post with these details so they don't get lost in an announcement thread.

Translate

Translate

Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash crash crash ! 

Translate

Translate

Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,  sorry you're having trouble. I'm not seeing any crash reports from you for Lightroom Classic 10 in our system. It would help us immensely if you could please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

If you're experience a freeze and need to force quit, that is a different issue and we'd probably need process sample during the freeze to diagnose.

It would probably be best to create a separate post with these details so they don't get lost in an announcement thread.

Translate

Translate

Oct 26, 2020 0