• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view .SVG files on a Windows 10 PC?

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Now that Muse supports .SVG files I've collected some for use in my Muse design work flow, as I have collected .PNG files, .JPG files, etc.

If I need to find a .JPG file for example I can browse to a folder on my Windows based PC, using File Explorer (or 'My Computer') and see a thumbnail of the contents of each of the many files contained in that folder.

With .SVG files the thumbnail is shown as generic icon rather than seeing what's inside of each .SVG file, making finding things a 'one file at a time' task (meaning each .SVG file must be opened individually to see if its the 'right' one).

Windows 8.1 offered an extension that allowed for this. Windows 10 doesn't seem to.

Anyone have a helpful idea or know of a better way?

Thanks!

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Please check the link below. I am sure you will find it helpful.

64 bit - How to get SVG thumbnails in Windows Explorer? - Super User

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the link below. I am sure you will find it helpful.

64 bit - How to get SVG thumbnails in Windows Explorer? - Super User

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank You! Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We have released a new update of Adobe Bridge (CC 2018) on 16 July 2018. The new version build number is 8.1.0.383. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update contains support for SVG and PNG files, with transparency grid. Please also check the "Libraries" workspace after installing new version of Bridge CC.

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines