• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sketch app crashes on iPad & iPhone when i select an image or sketch layer

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Adobe Sketch app for some time and have all of my projects in there safe in the cloud.

However, when I go into any of my projects and click on either an image or sketch layer to edit it, the whole app crashes. I tried deleting the app from my devices, re-downloading, and signing back in. That did not help. The problem persists.

Please let me know if you know of any fixes - thanks!

Charlie

ISKET-4191332

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , iOS , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

The Adobe Draw and Photoshop Sketch updates (v4.9.7) have been approved by Apple and should start being available to you soon in the App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally getting the same issue and it just started happening today! I've tried all your big standard troubleshooting like deleting & reinstalling the app etc but still no luck.

adobe to the rescue please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!! I wanted to work on something today too. Please help Adobe people!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also just started happening for me! Can't change opacity or anything at all without it immediately crashing. Thankfully everything is saved, but restarting the tablet, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app has done nothing to help. 
Perhaps this is a broader issue as it looks like a few of us have had the same issue arise in a fairly short amount of time. Hopefully it can be resolved ASAP! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing started happening to me about three hours ago. It weas fine yesterday and this morning and today, whenever I touch the image layer to change the opacity, the app idles for two seconds and then crashes. This is on a new ipad (6 months).

Please help. I am working here and I can't work if my tools don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Draw/Sketch team has been working on this crash since early this morning, has found the problem, and expects to have a fix submitted to Apple shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAAAAAS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know when is fully fixed!! Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any estimated time?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update today yet? Mine also stays frozon on "reading sketch" and then crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah an update would be amazing please & thank you. So many commissions running over and potential work being lost 😬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

does this included photoshop on the iPad too? Because I've been with our photoshop on my iPad for like a month and no one can help me. Then,ast email I received there was link bringing me to this thread about sketch ????  This is getting so old. I love Adobe but this is ridiculous.  I'm referring to regular plain photoshop app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The Adobe Sketch app crashes when I tap on a layer to bring up the layer window. This started happening today.

Adobe Sketch 4.9.6

iPadOS 14.5.1

Hope you can fix the issue soon. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it that this craahes in me last night at like 3 am and almost 24 hours latwe it's still not available to me??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue here! Hoping that with the Draw/Sketch team's response, we can expect a fix to appear soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath it's been down since like 5am and they've been at it all day and it's still unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Please let us know if it had solution :c I'm worried because the app worked perfectly in the morning and then started crashing everytime I touched a layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue, so glad I picked this up on the community. I have missed a deadline because of it, makes app close when hitting layer for image etc, please rectify as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The app closes when I try to activate l

the layer opacity options. One touch of the pen on the layer icon and the app shuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, every time I try to draw or delete a layer it crashes for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Did all the same stuff but still crashes. Hope it get fixed soon cause I have a commission deadline ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gah, same!! I have a piece due for a zine and this is severely stressing me out. Hope the issue gets fixed soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sketch is literally my favorite digital drawing app and I've been using it for months now. But since the update (ver. 4.9.6, I think) 2 days ago, whenever I try to click a layer to edit it just crashes, no matter what. I tried on Adobe Draw too and it does the same. Don't know if it's just my iPad but I saw another person experiencing the same. Please fix this! I can't wait to draw again ☺️ Thank you! 

P.S I own a 7th gen iPad and software is 14.4.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Issue. Als on Adobe Illustrator the same thing is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a project on Adobe Sketch,
the app closes as soon as I start working on it.
I've already tried deleting the app, restarting my iPad and then reinstalling the app but that didn't work -- there are no updates available for Adobe Sketch on my iPad.

I have been using Adobe Sketch consistently for years and have never encountered this before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines