• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Puts Pause On Support for Nikon N-Raw

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like my journey with Adobe Premier and maybe Adobe as a whole has come to an end. After over 20 years of supporting them, they have hung me out to dry. 

On the very same day that Nikon purchased Red Digital Cinema, I got an email from Adobe saying  " I would like to let people here know that we have paused work on adding N-RAW support to our video products. When we have an update to share on potential future support for N-RAW we will update this thread. "

Translation: We aren't going to support N-Raw

Well,  after 2 years of waiting for you to support all the codecs from the Nikon Z9 and Z8 cameras including N-Raw I'm officially done waiting. I purchased Davinci Resolve today and will be completely moving myself and my team over to that program moving forward. They have supported N-Raw from the beginning and listen to their customers.  

At this point, you leave me no choice so this is Goodbye for me Adobe. Sad day. It's been real. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from download and install">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome to interpret that anyway you like. It's an ... odd ... interpretation, but you're welcome to it.

Due to the timing you pointed out, I'm not at all convinced there's any support to your tale, however.

And understand, "we" in our shop have both BlackMagic and Nikon gear. Including planning on buying another Nikon camera in the near future.

Adobe has had full Red support for some time, and decently close relations with them. Nikon has clearly acquired full rights to all Red ... stuff. So in pure speculation on my part, I'm wondering if maybe Adobe knows or suspects something that you and I don't know.

Are you sure NRAW is the only game in town ahead for Nikon cameras? Or that there won't soon be an alternative format via firmware or ... ? As if that is possible, then why continue development of something that is maybe ... going to dramatically change soon?

Just speculation, but to me, it makes more sense than yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just released the Z6iii, which also has Nraw and some limited Proresraw. the former is unsupported by Adobe and the latter is not well supported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As noted, I'll be watching also for what Nikon does. And if Adobe then adds the media. It's a rather disjointedly fluid situation right now, and I certainly hope PrPro's devs and Nikon are communicating.

I do wish there was at least a plugin for both NRAW and P-r RAW as good as the Autokroma BRAW studio plugin. Ah well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines