What does "Adobe Community Professional" mean?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd to me that Adobe gives people this designation, but I can't find a very current definition anywhere. I did find this rather old page https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/points-badges/td-p/4789380#jive_conte.... Is it still the case that and ACP is "An officially-recognized product expert who can speak on behalf of Adobe, but not an employee"? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

I see from your profile that you are disappointed with a reply you received in the Acrobat community.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/get-shared-pdf-link-to-show-in-browser-according-to-my-quot-initial-view-quot-settings/m-p/12382289#M328526

Owing to language and cultural differences among forum participants, it's sometimes hard to know when someone is being brusque or merely direct and to the point.   Regardless, you did receive an accurate answer to your question.

In t

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who can speak on behalf of Adobe

By @ds316

Only about certain topics.

but not an employee

By @ds316

Not an employee.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd to me that Adobe gives people this designation,

==============

@ds316,

It's not that odd.  The Adobe Community Professional (ACP) program is not much different from the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) program. 

Most of us are long-time Adobe product users with many years of combined experience beta testing, teaching, writing about and fielding questions in these user-to-user support communities.  Is there something we can help you with?

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I did not correctly punctuate my statement. What seems odd is giving this designation and then making it hard to find out the significance of the designation.
The reason I asked is that a person with this designation told me he doesn't speak for Adobe, but the only definition I could find (admittedly old) says he does. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from your profile that you are disappointed with a reply you received in the Acrobat community.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/get-shared-pdf-link-to-show-in-browser-according-...

Owing to language and cultural differences among forum participants, it's sometimes hard to know when someone is being brusque or merely direct and to the point.   Regardless, you did receive an accurate answer to your question.

In terms of ACP authority, we don't speak for Adobe officially -- only Adobe staff can do that.  But we do represent Adobe to the extent that we can discuss what is public knowledge and share our product experiences with fellow users.  Beyond that, we have no influence over pricing, policy or how the software & services work. Those are senior level management decisions.

I hope that answers all your questions.   If not, post back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe publish any description of this designation (Adobe Community Professional), and if they do, can you tell me where to find it? I've noticed that page I cited in my original question has been removed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange – not sure why it was removed, but it's being looked into. However, the archive of the page is still correct; nothing has changed:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190505050947/https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7351

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling when the lawyers get done reviewing it, the phrase "who can speak on behalf of Adobe" will be quickly deleted from the description. 

In reality, we are simply users who give our time to [try to] help other users. 

David Creamer: Community Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, and Adobe Certified Expert (since 1995)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools wrote:

Strange – not sure why it was removed, but it's being looked into. However, the archive of the page is still correct; nothing has changed:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190505050947/https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7351

Basically the page disapeared with the new forum software. There were some other pages also available that disapeared with that transition. I have no idea if it was intentional or only something none thought to revigorate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Program Manager let me share the official description of the Adobe Community Professionals Program:

The Adobe Community Professionals Program consists of teachers, creatives, freelancers, authors, publishers, bloggers, hobbyists, and industry influencers from among our customer base who use their experience and expertise to educate and inspire their fellow users on the Adobe Support Community and other platforms.  

As community leaders in their field, they exemplify the program values of sharing their product expertise, with a passion for fostering creativity, supporting their peers and problem-solving.

This is taken from our ACP Membership Guide, it's not published anywhere publicly yet but I'm planning to.
I think it's about time we create a new post about the program and its members, we haven't had one in a while. Stay tuned 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not published anywhere publicly yet but I'm planning to.

By @Silvia.C

Does that me that it is OK to share it verbatim?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @Peru Bob ! Feel free to use that description of the Program if you need one 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeruBob, can you please provide a link to where you posted the description?  Thanks in advance.

_____
Win 10. I'm older than dirt, and so is my CPU.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find this, but it's about Adobe Community Professionals. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/meet-our-community-professionals/td-p...

Not sure where an equivalent list is for Adobe Community Experts.  Anyone know where I can find this?

_____

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Expert" is just another badge level based on member's level of community participation -- longevity, number of posts, replies, likes & correct answers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks, but which is a higher level, Community Expert or Community Professional?  I've already asked elsewhere about an updated listing, but apparently none exists.

Just trying to wrap my reasonably intelligent brain around this.

_____

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks, but which is a higher level, Community Expert or Community Professional? 

By @ajk_1962f

"Expert" is just a forum level resulting from a certain amount of participation in the forum. It is automatically assigned by the forum software.

Adobe Community Professionals are chosen by Adobe employees.  Adobe Community Professional is not a forum level, but a person dedicated to helping others using Adobe applications.  You can have a greater level of trust in the answers provided.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professionals must be recommended by another Adobe Community Professional and invited to join the program by Adobe.  

An ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) must pass a proctored exam administered by an Adobe Certified Testing facility.  To become an Adobe Certified Trainer, one needs to pass the ACE or ACM exams and re-take  exams at regular intervals.

https://solutionpartners.adobe.com/solution-partners/news/2021/05/three_steps_to_become_adobe_certif...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bob and Nancy.  Both replies help a great deal. 👍🏻👍🏻

_____

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nitpick but I believe it is pronounced Adobe Certified Instructor, not Trainer (unless that's something different that I'm not aware of). 

An ACI first needs a teaching credential or pass a CTI exam. In the past, they then needed to take the ACE exam to be certified in that program. Now, there are just a couple of exams. 

David Creamer: Community Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, and Adobe Certified Expert (since 1995)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. 🙂

https://trainingpartners.adobe.com/home.html#

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Creamer Training wrote:

An ACI first needs a teaching credential or pass a CTI exam.

Agree, David, that you and I are both ACIs, but now it's my turn to nitpick! 😊

Isn't the exam Certified Technical Trainer (CTT) with CompTIA?

https://www.comptia.org/certifications/ctt

Cheers,

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines