Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

What does "Adobe Community Professional" mean?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd to me that Adobe gives people this designation, but I can't find a very current definition anywhere. I did find this rather old page https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/points-badges/td-p/4789380#jive_conte.... Is it still the case that and ACP is "An officially-recognized product expert who can speak on behalf of Adobe, but not an employee"? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who can speak on behalf of Adobe

By @ds316

Only about certain topics.

but not an employee

By @ds316

Not an employee.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd to me that Adobe gives people this designation,

==============

@ds316,

It's not that odd.  The Adobe Community Professional (ACP) program is not much different from the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) program. 

Most of us are long-time Adobe product users with many years of combined experience beta testing, teaching, writing about and fielding questions in these user-to-user support communities.  Is there something we can help you with?

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I did not correctly punctuate my statement. What seems odd is giving this designation and then making it hard to find out the significance of the designation.
The reason I asked is that a person with this designation told me he doesn't speak for Adobe, but the only definition I could find (admittedly old) says he does. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see from your profile that you are disappointed with a reply you received in the Acrobat community.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/get-shared-pdf-link-to-show-in-browser-according-...

Owing to language and cultural differences among forum participants, it's sometimes hard to know when someone is being brusque or merely direct and to the point.   Regardless, you did receive an accurate answer to your question.

In terms of ACP authority, we don't speak for Adobe officially -- only Adobe staff can do that.  But we do represent Adobe to the extent that we can discuss what is public knowledge and share our product experiences with fellow users.  Beyond that, we have no influence over pricing, policy or how the software & services work. Those are senior level management decisions.

I hope that answers all your questions.   If not, post back.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines