Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC apps on Chromebooks.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have recently purchased a chromebook (Asus chromebook flip) for school, but need Adobe Creative Cloud for one of my classes. I already have a adobe cc account on my home lenovo laptop. I was able to download Adobe Creative Cloud, however can't seem to download Illustrator CC, InDesign CC and Photoshop CC.

Is it because chromebooks dont have the hard drive to support these apps? This is kind of a problem seeing as I need these apps for school.

Does anyone know a way to fix this or even about another model that does support these apps, please let me know!

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Sorry but a Chromebook is essentially an ultra light machine for running cloud based apps like Google docs & g-mail from your Chrome browser.  It won't cut it for Adobe products which require Windows or Mac desktop operating system + sufficient hard disk space and RAM to install and run your chosen applications.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Forum Comments section (not for technical support) and over to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but a Chromebook is essentially an ultra light machine for running cloud based apps like Google docs & g-mail from your Chrome browser.  It won't cut it for Adobe products which require Windows or Mac desktop operating system + sufficient hard disk space and RAM to install and run your chosen applications.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this hasn't aged well. Chromebooks are not inherently "ultra-light" machines, though they may have started as such, they are quickly being outfitted with impressive processors, decent RAM, and decent storage.  Chromebooks are defined by running ChromeOS, which now support Android Apps on most models.  Though Adobe may not have anticipated or expected laptops that run Android Apps, I would hope they see what a boon this model could be for them.

If they push their Mobile apps to be as functional as possible on these affordable laptops, they can sell a LOT more subscriptions, cornering the market for affordable, lightweight work.

A lot of photographers love to travel light, and I know I've been slowly working on a workflow that allows me to bring just my chromebook and camera on the road. I have an Acer R11 and Lightroom CC runs at an acceptable speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for offering a notion of hope to this thread! i am looking forward to a lightweight indesign app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a very nice Chromebook Illustrator alternative, have a look at Gravit Designer.

Gravit Designer

Completely free, and quite powerful. Download the Chromebook version from the download page, and have fun. Lots of tutorials via the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to run it on your chromebook? I'm looking at a chromebook.  I like the newest one and it would be great for travel but I must be able to run CC or look for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Creative Cloud desktop apps cannot run on Chromebooks.  You need a Mac or Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now September 2019. I'm in the market for a travel laptop and would love a Chromebook. But I need to run InDesign sometimes when I travel. Is this still impossible on a Chromebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed. InDesign still requires a Windows or Mac operating system. See system requirements. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of deciding what laptop to buy. I will have a standard desktop, but I want to use Creative Cloud for some apps. I'm in a school district and the Chromebook is being pitched out.

What CC apps will run on a Chromebook? 

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check here for the system requirements for the various CC applications.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chromebooks are based on ChromeOS and Android. Hence there is no provision for installation of Adobe CC apps that are designed for Windows and macOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really annoys me that I have to probably fork out best part of £2000 just to replace my laptop so I can carry on using PhotoShop. I really don't understand why Adobe don't just develop a cloud-based app that Chromebook users can use, which would go such a long way to allowing us poorer people to enjoy our hobby. Until they do, there's no way I'm subscribing or giving Adobe any more of my money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, please check system requirements BEFORE you purchase equipment.  Currently, Creative Cloud desktop apps will not run a Chromebook.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Creative Cloud Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/mobile.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do Adobe products work with Google Chromebooks?  What is the procedure for installing an application such as Dreamweaver on an Acer Chromebook?

Thanks.

Your help is much appeciated.

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MyNameIsEmpire, they do not work with partial os'es like that on chromebooks.  you need a full ms or apple os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines