• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY TO STOP USING MY ACCOUNT

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to cancel my account but there is a cancellation fee of $45.00???

Logically, it makes no sense that i have to pay them money to end my account for a software that i already paid for ($21 + change) for a while and i dont even use it....

now i have to pay more money to basically block myself from using the app... I swear ill never use adobe again. Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

you chose the lower priced annual plan and committed to one year just like an office/apartment/car lease and you are breaking that lease by terminating early. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you chose the lower priced annual plan and committed to one year just like an office/apartment/car lease and you are breaking that lease by terminating early. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the new system is nuts, and super unfriendly to small artists.  If you take the lower priced commitment subscription, you have to pay to break the commitment.  Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sarapixels  wrote

Yeah, the new system is nuts, and super unfriendly to small artists.  If you take the lower priced commitment subscription, you have to pay to break the commitment.  Sorry you're having to deal with that.

You are unfair. The conditions are clearly written. You take a subscription on the month: Cancel any time.

You take a subscription on the year: cancel at the end of your year.

It’s anywhere else like this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that's what you promised in the contract you accepted. You get it cheaper for promising to pay for a year, but Adobe generously give a 50% discount if you end the contract early.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lucky, mine is literally 250$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try and recover some benefit for that $250. ie, learn to read what your commitment when making purchases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be fun at parties and have lots of friends. Let me ask, do you also read the entire terms of service when you get a new IOS update? Do you read all the legal jargon every time you download a new app?

Sorry I didn't read the TOS, but I'm not as time wealthy as you. I've been working fourty hours a week while I also try to teach myself web design to get a decent job, and support my Mother who is dying of cancer. you are defending nefarious practices designed to seprate people who have little time from their money.

I would be fine with the policy if they tried to make it at all clear what I'm signing up for, but they intentionally hide that language. They put it fairly deeply, requiring users to click on the "read more" of the terms of service to see anything about the cancelation fee, and even then it is burried in language that less than fairly articulate people are going to have a hard time understanding. This is particularly concerning, because right there in the same paragraph it says kids as young as 13 can sign up for the service, and I don't know any thirteen year old that bother to read the terms of service. There is a difference between charging people for a service and maliciously hiding details of that service in the TOS.

Of course, I also assumed the first month was a free trial (as it clearly states all over their plans selection page), when in actuality it was only the first two weeks, after which if you try to cancel the whole year is applied again. Some free trial...

But you're right, this is all my fault for assuming that Adobe wasn't trying to screw me over wherever and however they could. How shameful of me to assume that this company exists solely because they make really good products, and not because they make really good products that they know how to milk every penny out of.

Its all my fault for using products like FL Studio, who value their customers, probably because they actually have competition in the DAW industry. Its all my fault for not knowing that Adobe decided to use their virtual monopoly on the photo, video and documentation software fields for evil instead of buiding a positive repetoire with a community that is going to serve as their life line for as long as they exist.

At the end of the day it isn't a huge deal, I was able to figure out a work around so I don't have to pay Adobe a cent, and I'm willing to bet that they've left that work around in for so long, because they know how shady what they are doing is. This isn't normal practice in any software industry or company I've ever heard of, and you should be embaressed, and ashamed that you are defending their predatory practices that (if you know anything about consumer law, at least in my country) are actually pretty legally dubious. Just because something is written in the TOS, does not mean that it is necessarily legal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe added language about a year ago to the sign-up page that warned about this, but I feel that it can still be difficult to tell that you are committing to pay the fee for an entire year (which gets you a discount on what it would cost to subscribe from month-to-month) but paying in installments to spread that fee out. 

We're users like you, though, and there's nothing we can do about their subscription model or the language on their web pages.

new billing page info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you certainly can do is complain about it, and more than that you can stop acting like users like me are in the wrong for not spending fifteen minutes reading every single word on every screen between the plans page, and the checkout screen. If you also think its hard to tell, then stop telling users that it is their fault they didn't notice.

The way Adobe has it set up makes it very clear to me that they know what they are doing, and it is morally wrong to trick people out of their money by any reasonable person's standard. The only way they are going to make it more clear, or change the policy all together, is if they get enough complaints about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Adbesuxa55,

Disrespect of fellow community members isn't tolerated here.

[2018 topic locked by moderator.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines